November 12, 2019, 03:36:06 AM

Author Topic: jk scott  (Read 1239 times)

Offline big ror

• HOF Member
jk scott
« on: August 23, 2019, 01:00:25 PM »
kid can punt, eh?
"it's all gas; no fucking brake."

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
Re: jk scott
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 03:21:13 PM »
the second year jump.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 05:34:09 PM »
Yea he's crushing it. Tons of hangtime and distance. With a couple less touchbacks he'd be averaging 50 yards.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 06:06:22 PM »
Packers need a punter that can conjure up memories of Craig Hentrichs and Josh Bidwell.

It's been a revolving door in recent years and they need a guy who can consistently help tilt the field in their favor.

It's likely why they invested the draft pick that they did in Scott. His future looks bright right now, and that bodes well for the Packers.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 07:43:14 PM »
Packers need a punter that can conjure up memories of Craig Hentrichs and Josh Bidwell.

It's been a revolving door in recent years and they need a guy who can consistently help tilt the field in their favor.

It's likely why they invested the draft pick that they did in Scott. His future looks bright right now, and that bodes well for the Packers.

So is Scott that guy?
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2019, 06:52:56 AM »

So is Scott that guy?

I would say that his arrow is pointed up at the moment.

The talent is there. Making it happen every kick is the next goal.

He's off to a good start so far this preseason.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2019, 12:20:59 PM »
I would say that his arrow is pointed up at the moment.

The talent is there. Making it happen every kick is the next goal.

He's off to a good start so far this preseason.

Serious question. Is punting during the exhibition season vastly different than punting during the regular season? Weather of course is a factor, especially on the Frozen Tundra. But do teams scheme differently when the games actually count, or is the pressure about the same, both from a physical and psychological standpoint?
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2019, 06:22:17 PM »
I like that question, Ricky!  Are you thinking what I'm thinking, that it's probably not all that much different? 

I'd think the biggest difference would be less an increase in opponent pressure, and more a big increase in internal mental pressure. 

Offline big ror

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2019, 09:10:01 AM »
He's been all the more impressive given his high school classes resumed this last week.
"it's all gas; no fucking brake."

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2019, 10:15:53 AM »
Dickson out in Seattle is a punting freak.  He and Scott were the top 2 coming out the year they were drafted.  Scott looks good so far. I give the edge to Dickson but Scott could make it interesting with a good year.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 10:17:39 AM by The GM »

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2019, 12:50:01 PM »
With the Packers bad running offense in exhibition games, Scott has gotten lots of punting opportunities!  I hope our offense isn't giving him constant punting snaps once the real games resume....

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2019, 12:55:22 PM »
I love his nickname:  JK-47

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2019, 08:18:59 PM »

If that was a nickname that stuck, I would give about 2 days before the always offended about anything and everything crowd would be demanding an apology from whoever used it for being insensitive.

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2019, 06:25:52 AM »

If that was a nickname that stuck, I would give about 2 days before the always offended about anything and everything crowd would be demanding an apology from whoever used it for being insensitive.

True, it wont catch on. The networks wouldnt use it for those reasons.  We live in a different era today, a name like "Pistol Pete" probably wouldnt fly today.

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2019, 12:41:11 PM »
How about (as Doc Brown said in 'Back To The Future)  'Great Sc6tt !'
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"