November 21, 2019, 10:56:28 PM

Author Topic: The Texans make Gutsey look like T-Bone Pickens  (Read 772 times)

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
The Texans make Gutsey look like T-Bone Pickens
« on: August 31, 2019, 07:21:48 PM »
So the Texans have a problem with Clowney, so they try to trade him to his preferred teams...Really!!! Then they get a 3rd round pick and 2 warm bodies. In Mingo's case you better take a BP reading.
Then they see the need for OT, and WR and give the Dolphins 2-1st round picks and a 2nd. How could the Texans GM do that? That's right, they don't have one. I just wish Gutsey had talked to the Texans when they were visiting Green Bay and made a trade of Jones, McCray, and Allison for a 1st and a 2nd.
It should be against the law to steal like that from the Texans. I just wish Gutsey could have found something to trade!
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Online ricky

• HOF Member
Re: The Texans make Gutsey look like T-Bone Pickens
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 09:02:32 PM »
The two guys they got were a starting LT and a very good DB. So, they got known quantities in exchange for hopefuls. But, yeah, the Texans are a strange team. They have a coach who can't win enough games, but like in Cincy, the guy just hangs around forever. And as noted, they don't have a regular GM. So the loser coach has more power than before.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
Re: The Texans make Gutsey look like T-Bone Pickens
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2019, 10:17:58 PM »
I don't think anyone realizes just how bad this is.

Last year Watson was sacked 62 times.  Since then, this team has used three number ones, and two number twos to try and cure that situation.

The only good and proven starter they got for that was Tunsil.  The reason they fired their GM was he blew the draft picks by not getting Dillard or Jawan Taylor or Kaleb McCarthy.  Those were the really good prospects at tackle and the Texans did not get any of them.  With what they gave away for Tunsil, they could have  gotten all three. In stead they ended up with guys from the Sun Belt and Mid American conferences.

What puzzles me though is why they did not make a play for Trent Williams.  Most people think he is better than Tunsil.  To blow all those picks and come up with just one proven OL is ridiculous.

Also, why did they not insists on getting an OL from the Hawks for Clowney?  O'Brien must really hate Clowney to give him away for so little.