September 14, 2019, 10:37:33 PM

Author Topic: Packers trade for BJ Goodson  (Read 662 times)

Online The GM

• HOF Member
Packers trade for BJ Goodson
« on: September 02, 2019, 08:29:00 AM »
ILB from the Giants.    Giants were going to cut him and made a deal with GB.     
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 08:35:31 AM by The GM »

Online craig

• HOF Member
Re: Packers trade for BJ Goodson
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 08:51:45 AM »
I wonder whether we gave them an unconditional 7th rounder or one of these conditional ones, or 7th-round flips like we did with Cleveland....   

And I wonder who we'll cut to make the space?  OPtions might include Burks-to-IR, or else perhaps somebody from the Fadol-Crawford-Shepherd-Redmond-Madison pool. 

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 09:15:07 AM »
He'll make $720K in this final year of his contract, so he should be hungry after nearly getting cut in NY. Hopefully he'll help out at LB.       

Online craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 10:30:51 AM »
....And I wonder who we'll cut to make the space?  OPtions might include Burks-to-IR, or else perhaps somebody from the Fadol-Crawford-Shepherd-Redmond-Madison pool.

Crawford goes.  ILB-ILB replaces ST-ILB. 

Crawford was one of the camp disappointments, I think.  Was supposed to be the ST guy with athleticism to play ILB, plus being Woodson's nephew I hoped he'd have ILB-caliber athleticism.  But his ILB-capacity did NOT appear to step up, reports on his scrimmage play were not encouraging.  Too bad. 

Reminder to me of the common UDFA story.  One summer you're the happy UDFA-success surprise story.  But if you don't 2nd-year or 3rd-year leap pretty jumpily, that job won't wait for long.  You better develop and ascend or they'll replace you pretty quickly.

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 11:05:34 AM »
ILB from the Giants.    Giants were going to cut him and made a deal with GB.   
I believe he's a back-up to Martinez verses a starter guy with Martinez. He also might be used when they play a team like Dallas or Ravens that really like to run.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 11:27:41 AM »
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 11:30:35 AM by ricky »
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2019, 11:32:59 AM »
....And I wonder who we'll cut to make the space?  OPtions might include Burks-to-IR, or else perhaps somebody from the Fadol-Crawford-Shepherd-Redmond-Madison pool.

Crawford goes.  ILB-ILB replaces ST-ILB. 

Crawford was one of the camp disappointments, I think.  Was supposed to be the ST guy with athleticism to play ILB, plus being Woodson's nephew I hoped he'd have ILB-caliber athleticism.  But his ILB-capacity did NOT appear to step up, reports on his scrimmage play were not encouraging.  Too bad. 

Reminder to me of the common UDFA story.  One summer you're the happy UDFA-success surprise story.  But if you don't 2nd-year or 3rd-year leap pretty jumpily, that job won't wait for long.  You better develop and ascend or they'll replace you pretty quickly.

Agree with the feeling of disappointment. Each preseason game he seemed to struggle with play from scrimmage, from what we got to see he did not seem to make the 2nd year gains that some do. It happens.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2019, 02:15:14 PM »
Dolphins claimed Crawford off waivers.