September 14, 2019, 11:23:28 PM

Author Topic: Breakout player predictions  (Read 570 times)

Offline footballdad

• Starter
Breakout player predictions
« on: September 04, 2019, 02:48:23 AM »
Mine would be Robert Tonyan. Just have a feeling that at some point this year he will be forced to step up and will respond in a big way.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Re: Breakout player predictions
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 10:18:08 AM »
He's a very good choice! It's why I picked him up on my dynasty fantasy team.

I'll add MVS. There's been a lot of buzz about him up to now.

Two others that they say fit this offense and should add greatly to this offense are Aaron Jones and Trevor Davis. Jones is expected and a no brainer, if he can stay healthy. Davis I'm more wait-n-see but from what they've said, he has stood out in OTA's/camp/preseason.

Online Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 10:30:27 AM »
I would Sheppard (sp) could end up breaking out as a slot player. I also think Kumerow will get some looks this year in a good offense. Defenses will have to respect Adam's, and MVS should draw safety attention with his speed. That should leave Kumerow against a 3rd corner or safety which he can beat with regularity.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 10:53:56 AM »
I would Sheppard (sp) could end up breaking out as a slot player. I also think Kumerow will get some looks this year in a good offense. Defenses will have to respect Adam's, and MVS should draw safety attention with his speed. That should leave Kumerow against a 3rd corner or safety which he can beat with regularity.

There are/were three guys I liked to break out. One (Kendall Donnerson) is dead in the water, he was released injured a while back with no hints he will coming back on the PS. The second is WR Shepherd, who I have already talked up here as a nice backup both to Davis on ST and to Allison as slot receiver - I'm glad they found a way to keep him (but someone else has picked him). Third is CB Hollman, who has shown well at camp, especially in man coverage.

There are others I am interested in who didn't make it to final consideration. Tony Brown and Elgton Jenkins have already looked pretty good, they might not have quite 'broken out' yet but are on a good path to do so. King is already good enough, he just needs to stay healthy. Someone else chose Tonyan, so I'll pass over him. I have high hopes of Josh Jackson, but with his TC injury, we haven't had a proper look at what he can do.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 04:44:27 PM »
I'll go with MVS.  Although Adams will get most of the looks it kinda limits what MVS will do.  I think he can potentially be the silent killer type, the guy who shows up after the game in the stat sheet and kills you.    Antoin Boldin comes to mind. 

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 07:27:02 PM »
If this team is going to succeed, they'll need someone to run the ball consistently. So, Jones and Williams are key to a winning season. That and catching the ball out of the backfield.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 07:52:28 PM »
If this team is going to succeed, they'll need someone to run the ball consistently. So, Jones and Williams are key to a winning season. That and catching the ball out of the backfield.

I’ll make a prediction on Aaron Jones.

He will have as many yards receiving as he will rushing.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 09:19:46 PM »

The big question, will he be able to play effectively in all 16 games, or end up being injured again?
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2019, 05:02:33 PM »

The big question, will he be able to play effectively in all 16 games, or end up being injured again?

If Jones goes down, expect a real offer for Gordon shortly after.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2019, 09:24:15 PM »
After watching the Bears game I'd have to pick Za'Darius Smith. He's not exactly "under the radar", but I think he'll be recognized as one of the league's top defenders.

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2019, 09:30:37 PM »
Nah expected him to be good.  Z lived up to his billing.  No one mentions Savage.  Thought he had one hell of a game tonight.