September 14, 2019, 10:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Raiders v Antonio Brown debacle  (Read 630 times)

Online The GM

• HOF Member
Re: Raiders v Antonio Brown debacle
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2019, 05:00:03 PM »
Worth the risk IMO.  Perhaps not for every team,  but for the Pats?  Easy call.  I think the league should look into the shenanigans though.  I think it was all orchestrated.  Very similar to the Patriots and the Martellus Bennett BS they pulled. Not sure what the league can do about it. 

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2019, 12:52:36 PM »
I think their is room for a conspiracy theory here.

Agreed. I think the whole thing was a setup.
“What’s going on out there”

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2019, 01:10:19 PM »
You wonder if Karma will rear it’s ugly head at some point?

AB blows a knee?

PATS lose heartbreaker to OAK in AFCC game?

Just spitballing here.  ;)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2019, 02:24:07 PM »
To make room for Brown the Patriots have trade Demaryius Thomas to the Jets for a 6th round pick, yes the same Demaryius Thomas that the Patriots cut a week ago. The NFL is the Patriots world and everyone else is just paying rent to them. 

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2019, 02:54:33 PM »
You wonder if Karma will rear it’s ugly head at some point?

AB blows a knee?

PATS lose heartbreaker to OAK in AFCC game?

Just spitballing here.  ;)

I dont think it will end well there.  He may end up getting a ring out of it, but there will be turmoil this offseason when his deal is up if not before.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 02:59:52 PM by The GM »

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2019, 06:34:37 PM »
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 06:54:20 PM by The GM »

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2019, 07:31:20 PM »
Real ugly too GM.  Some nasty text messages came out.  It's making the rounds as we speak.  Real ugly stuff.  Took all of one day the guy hasn't even practiced with the team yet.  Total PR disaster for NE.  Love it.  Poetic justice IMO.  Glad I'm not a Pats fan wouldn't be real happy about now.  They also traded Demarius Thomas away to the Jets today.  oops...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 07:32:56 PM by scoremore »

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2019, 08:06:16 PM »
Score, I'm curious to see what the NFL will do with this.  NFL vs Kraft Round 6.

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2019, 10:15:02 PM »
Given all his antics and in light of the sexual assault allegations think they will put him on the  Reserve/Commissioner Exempt List.  Almost certain of this.  He will be able to attend meetings and still get payed but won't be able to practice or play.  NE will end up getting the shaft on this one.  Not sure how much time he'll miss but it could be substantial.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2019, 09:31:15 AM »
After writing strong "Kraft is guilty" posts on here, only to have to backtrack because of new information, I am taking a "wait and see" attitude to this situation. Do I believe either side? Let's wait and see what facts emerge. As of now, we have a coordinated lawyer/client lawsuit, where they are putting out information that will advance their cause. Similar to when the police were putting out information to bolster their case against Kraft and the others who visited that spa in Florida. And as far as the e-mails/texts are concerned, what is their context? Again, we're only getting one side of the story. As of now, Brown has vehemently denied any wrongdoing, and allegedly is thinking of filing a countersuit for defamation/slander. Stay tuned, and try to keep an open mind. 
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2019, 09:49:17 AM »
After writing strong "Kraft is guilty" posts on here, only to have to backtrack because of new information, I am taking a "wait and see" attitude to this situation. Do I believe either side? Let's wait and see what facts emerge. As of now, we have a coordinated lawyer/client lawsuit, where they are putting out information that will advance their cause. Similar to when the police were putting out information to bolster their case against Kraft and the others who visited that spa in Florida. And as far as the e-mails/texts are concerned, what is their context? Again, we're only getting one side of the story. As of now, Brown has vehemently denied any wrongdoing, and allegedly is thinking of filing a countersuit for defamation/slander. Stay tuned, and try to keep an open mind.

Agree, there will be more twists and turns in this.  Curious to see Bradys approach to this, offering Brown to stay at his house with his wife and kids after this news. 

And the beat goes on...   
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 09:57:04 AM by The GM »