September 14, 2019, 11:02:39 PM

Author Topic: Tramon Williams  (Read 554 times)

Online Shinesman

• HOF Member
Tramon Williams
« on: September 05, 2019, 09:36:06 PM »
"We knew if we could get Mitchell Trubisky to play quarterback, we could win."

True statement. The bears did us a huge favor trading so much for him. Cutler 2.0. A good friend is from Chicago and is a bears fan and he said most Chicagoans hate Trubisky and view him as Alex Smith 2.0. Defense did a great job, but they didnt play a Stafford, Mahomes, Brady, Rivers, Brees, Rothlesberger, or even Cousins. I'll wait until they play a proven field general to proclaim them the terror unit I hope they are.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
Re: Tramon Williams
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 07:04:50 AM »
Well you are right that the Bears will never be confused with the Chiefs. That said...they are a playoff team and their offense is good enough to score points on most teams. Their running game is suppose to set up the pass. They are good at running the ball, but not last night against the Pack.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 09:12:45 AM »
"We knew if we could get Mitchell Trubisky to play quarterback, we could win."

True statement. The bears did us a huge favor trading so much for him. Cutler 2.0. A good friend is from Chicago and is a bears fan and he said most Chicagoans hate Trubisky and view him as Alex Smith 2.0. Defense did a great job, but they didnt play a Stafford, Mahomes, Brady, Rivers, Brees, Rothlesberger, or even Cousins. I'll wait until they play a proven field general to proclaim them the terror unit I hope they are.

Yea I'm not sure why the rag their own QB so much, and Alex Smith turned into a damn good QB until he shattered his leg. Trubisky has all the tools, but I really think the Nagy offense is holding him back. Given how systematized it is, it's hard for a QB to really grow IMO. You look at his ball placement and decision making and he's on point 95% of the time. When things are in rhythm it works but off script plays aren't what they do, so if he can't run then that 95% drops to like 20%. One thing he doesn't do well is react to pressure well, and honestly that works really bad against their offense because that also means the first read isn't there, QB is moved off his spot, and everything that is predicated on the offense being successful is negatively affected.

Green Bay had the right plan to keep and collapse the pocket. Secondary did a great job taking away the first read, and the run defense prevented a lot of the RPO stuff they want to run.

Offline big ror

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 10:24:02 AM »
Trubisky can't throw left.
"cram it up your cramhole, lafleur."

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 11:21:20 AM »
Well you are right that the Bears will never be confused with the Chiefs. That said...they are a playoff team and their offense is good enough to score points on most teams. Their running game is suppose to set up the pass. They are good at running the ball, but not last night against the Pack.

I heard Al Michaels mention that Chicago referred to the RB's as a 3-headed monster (Montgomery, Cohen, Davis).

Really??

Maybe they meant Gecko?