November 19, 2019, 08:17:01 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Broncos v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 1113 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Broncos v Packers Game Day Thread
« on: September 18, 2019, 07:56:38 PM »
The Broncos are not a team to overlook. The Bears somehow snatched victory from the jaws of a second straight loss due to two gifts by the refs: a bogus "roughing the passer" call and the officials deciding that after getting the Bears in position for a FG, they should be given the chance to win the game. Meanwhile, if the Packers offense can become more consistent, and the defense continues to excel, this should be a very winnable game for the Packers. Though it could also be one of "those games", where the team plays down to the level of their competition. However, a win Sunday could go a ways toward re-establishing that "Lambeau advantage" that has been absent for a few years. Most important: don't take your foot off the gas; put it on your opponent's throat. 
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Broncos v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 07:52:13 AM »
John Kuhn asked Rodgers if this was possibly a trap game in the locker room yesterday and Rodgers downplayed the idea, but after 2 huge division wins to start the season it does have the feeling that a group letdown is a possibility. The Broncos are 0-2 and 0-2 teams are always dangerous teams to play, 1-2 is manageable, 0-3 is very hard to overcome. The Broncos will be playing to save their season in week 3 and after giving the Bears all they could handle I expect them to bring a street fight mentality to GB on Sunday. The question is, will the Packers be ready for such a fight?   

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 09:20:01 AM »
The Broncos are a top 10 defense in yards per game.  Another lackluster game by Rodgers and the offense could make this game tight.

Offline whiterook87

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 10:05:15 AM »
 Broncos rely on a short passing game with quarterback Joe Flacco, WR Emmanuel Sanders has  been their biggest weapon. Jaire Alexander should be able to match up with him. Packers offense can do some damage on Sunday with there ground attack, Broncos has given up 125.5 rushing yards per game this season, tied for 24th in the NFL, Jones should be able to gash this Broncos D and find plenty of cutback lanes for big gains.The Packers D should be able to shut down the ponies passing attack on Sunday. Packers need to take care of business, they are facing a tough opponent next Thursday night vs Eagles.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 10:08:11 AM by whiterook87 »
You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Online craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 07:36:33 AM »
I'm really hopeful we can win one decisively.  That the defense will again really control a limited offense, and that the offense will improve and score a little more often and more easily. 

But yeah, I can easily see "trap game" and all that. 

In low-scoring games, anything can happen and a play or two in either direction can swing it, a dropped pass here, a lucky strike there, a turnover, one or two game-changing penalties, etc.. 

I hope the offense improves. 

But this may be a matchup of possibly two of the worst passing teams in the NFL, so TD's may be few and flukish.  So in a low-scoring puntathon, it's well possible that it will be something random that dictates the outcome, rather than an obviously better team obviously controlling? 

But I'd sure like to see the Packers offense and passing game emerge as not-quite-that-bad, and that however limited our passing game may be. that it will still clearly be at another level relative to Denver's. 

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2019, 08:11:55 AM »
Game Day has arrived!!
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2019, 09:47:46 AM »
TE Graham is active!!
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2019, 09:57:12 AM »

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2019, 10:09:58 AM »
Rodgers catches defense offsides. Goes long to MVS for a 40 yard TOUCHDOWN! Let's hope they can keep it up this time

Offline Pack Man

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2019, 10:13:23 AM »
You just been SMITHED!!!

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
......Vince Lombardi

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2019, 10:16:03 AM »
You just been SMITHED!!!

It really looks like a one two punch right now. Z Smith came in with the quick pressure and almost knocked the ball out, and P Smith is right behind him to get the easy sack. Gary was also right there with them. Pass rush and coverage is great.

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2019, 10:27:28 AM »
Offense stalls after a 3rd and long conversion followed by a false start and overthrow by Rodgers on 3rd down.

Denver got away with what looked like a block into the returner.

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2019, 10:35:02 AM »
Rodgers off target so far on throws he usually nails. Broncos dinking and dunking and running all the way down the field.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2019, 10:36:27 AM »
clean stream http://buffstream.to/watch/nfl-8.php

I got to the point where they wanted my credit card number info, and I backed out. But thanks anyway.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2019, 10:38:37 AM »
clean stream http://buffstream.to/watch/nfl-8.php

I got to the point where they wanted my credit card number info, and I backed out. But thanks anyway.

You might of clicked in the wrong spot.

Try reddit/r/nflstreams for another