November 19, 2019, 07:41:16 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Eagles v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 2044 times)

Online craig

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Eagles v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #135 on: September 26, 2019, 09:33:22 PM »
It seemed like a good play design.  I'm an amateur, so what do I know.   

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/video/

But MVS seemed to have a one-on-one, with a step.

He was crossing Shepherd, I think Shepherd's guy was either supposed to be picked, or else to stay with Shepherd and leave MVS solo.  But MVS had the step, and Rodgers threw it with MVS still at ~ the 2, and Shepherd's guy was still there, seeing the ball and pinching from the right. 

To me, it looks like MVS tried to body catch it.  He never got his left hand up to catch.  His left arm had been low in a step/swing/weight-shift thing, and the ball arrives too quickly for him to get his arm up or extended?  Not sure what it bounced off of, his body, his arm, or one of the defenders hands that were able to get to his body but wouldn't have been able to touch the ball had he extended his arms?  Or maybe the defender behind him had been able to get in and hook his arm, not sure. 

Very interesting play.  I thought the play setup was pretty good, though; both MVS and Shepherd were positioned to be excellent targets.  Bummer outcome. 

Offline marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #136 on: September 26, 2019, 09:33:51 PM »
Exactly. And a huge part of that is our below average MLBs. They got destroyed tonight. And the whole team made mistakes .

I don't think that's fair. There were holes I could have run through for 8 yards. And you can't imagine what a bad runner I am.

We miss Daniels. We're not big in the middle of the DL. We're real good at rushing the passer, but not good at all at clogging up the middle.
“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.” -- John F. Kennedy.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #137 on: September 26, 2019, 09:37:35 PM »
The Eagles were without  DeSean Jackson and some starters on defense.  Too many drops at key moments. Jimmy Graham in traffic is a wasted throw.  Way too soft.

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #138 on: September 26, 2019, 09:39:00 PM »
Exactly. And a huge part of that is our below average MLBs. They got destroyed tonight. And the whole team made mistakes .

I don't think that's fair. There were holes I could have run through for 8 yards. And you can't imagine what a bad runner I am.

We miss Daniels. We're not big in the middle of the DL. We're real good at rushing the passer, but not good at all at clogging up the middle.

I think another aspect has to do with Pettine's scheme and his proclivity to play 5+ DBs. I don't think I saw a base defense all night. Given what I've seen that last few games everyone deserves the blame. They're having a hard time tackling, getting off blocks, and finishing plays.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #139 on: September 26, 2019, 10:04:09 PM »

I've never been a fan of Martinez, so when I see him constantly being washed out on the second level, then carried for 5 yards by the running back when he had the momentum hitting the back in the hole, and then again smashed by the running back and gives up a TD, it enflamed my disdain for him.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #140 on: September 26, 2019, 11:25:49 PM »
We did not stop the run, and we could not run the ball.

And the Eagles are a better team than their record.

Tough upcoming schedule and we are in a tough division.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #141 on: September 27, 2019, 12:21:09 AM »
We did not stop the run, and we could not run the ball.

And the Eagles are a better team than their record.

Tough upcoming schedule and we are in a tough division.

Essentially, we may be screwed.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Online Bignutz

• HOF Member
And God so loved the Green Bay Packers, He reached forth his mighty hand and stamped his initial upon the sides of their helmets!--Lombardi 3-16

Offline carnival

• Starter
« Reply #143 on: September 27, 2019, 03:17:31 AM »
Well this was the defense I was expecting to see from the first of the year... no pass rush without a blitz,and the inability to stop the run... so I guess we stole a couple from the Bears and Minnesota caught them not ready basically..... we have no depth on either line and by the fourth quarter our Dline and linebackers were  gassed..... I'm not a believer in this offense ...... I have hope though however I just don't care for it too much..... Philly was ready and hungry
.... we could not stop their run and our linebackers in coverage we're just too slow.... personal opinion not a good defensive plan for this offense we faced... I saw a few open receivers for Rogers so I'm not really sure what's going on with our offense is he being told where to throw the ball?... the running game was just ugly..... I think we should have one there were some bad decisions made in my opinion and points left on the field oh well......Go Pack Go!!!

Offline SET4YRS

• All Pro
« Reply #144 on: September 27, 2019, 07:19:42 AM »
How the hell was that not pass interference?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/controversial-no-call-in-packers-eagles-game-renews-pass-interference-review-debate/ar-AAHVclK?ocid=ientp

It bothers me that there is still a question on a blatant call as far as PI. However, I do think the game was called kinda close overall, we got away with a couple and they got away with a few, that's all we can really ask for.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #145 on: September 27, 2019, 08:17:09 AM »
Philly isn't a bad team, but they aren't great either, particularly so with their injuries. 

I don't know if the Packers are good, or if they've been kinda lucky.  But *IF* the Packers are a high-end team destined to contend, then they ought to be able to win a home game against Philly.

But, I don't know that we really are all that good, so I have no idea how it will go!! 

Ricky, I'm not that totally scared of the "desperate-team, highly-motivated-team" aspect.  It's only the 4th game of the season.  If we're already under-motivated by game 4, it's a problem!  Everybody should be playing as hard and as motivated as they can get at this point in the year!  So, shouldn't really be at a disadvantage motivation-wise.

After watching the game craig are you sure that "desperate-team, highly-motivated-team" isn't a thing?

The Eagles came with an attitude that they were going to hit the Packers in the mouth on every play and they knew they would have penalties early on, but it would set the tone with the Packers players and also the referees as the game wore on. Proved out for the Eagles when the referees swallowed their whistles on two pass interference plays that were game changing no calls. All part of the game within the game.

With Williams knocked out of the game on the first offensive play, MLF was hesitate to pound the ball in the 1st half knowing he only had one RB for the remainder of the game. The Eagles proved already at that point that they were not above taking someone out with a dirty hit if need be. But that was no excuse not to run the ball once when they were first and goal from the one. That was a play calling blunder.

This is the 3rd straight game that the Packers defense has shown the inability the stop the run, the cutting of Daniels will probably haunt the Packers all season. Having one more human wreaking ball on the D-line right now would be a good thing to have. But that is water over the dam.

3-1 is a good start record wise and Packers fans should be happy with that start. If told at the start of the season the Packers would be 3-1 after four games any sane person would of been trilled with that result. And they should be today also.

On to the Cowboys.