November 19, 2019, 08:58:08 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Eagles v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 2047 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Eagles v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2019, 04:59:39 PM »
It looks like Philly isn't the only team with injury issues. Z. Smith is also "questionable" as of today with a knee problem (unspecified). Could be time for Rashan Gary to show what he can do.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/25/zadarius-smith-questionable-with-recent-knee-issue/
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2019, 07:19:05 PM »
It looks like Philly isn't the only team with injury issues. Z. Smith is also "questionable" as of today with a knee problem (unspecified). Could be time for Rashan Gary to show what he can do.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/25/zadarius-smith-questionable-with-recent-knee-issue/

I just saw this. Even with the Eagles hobbled by injury, we need Z-Smitty. Wentz is a monster at QB and the more pressure the better. Having the leagues pressure leader sidelined is not a good start.

The Eagles are behind their on their own expectations for the season with a bad start. They are hungry and will be fighting like mad men to avoid another loss. Playing a full game on both sides of the ball will be critical to shutting them down.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2019, 06:54:16 AM »
This game will probably be similar to the last three, get a lead and hang on.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline ChicagoPackerFan

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2019, 07:18:26 AM »
Stating the obvious... if Z. Smith is out we will see alot more of R. Gary.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2019, 08:42:48 AM »
This game makes me nervous. As in walking past a graveyard on Halloween at midnight nervous. As in being a long tailed dog in a room full of rocking chairs. As in first day on the job nervous. Philly is desperate and wounded and feeling cornered. Their season is almost literally on the line tonight. A loss tonight pretty much seals their fate- their next seven games have only one "breather"- next Sunday against the Jets. But then come Vikings, Cowboys, Bills, Bears, Patriots and Seahawks. A murderous schedule. So, they're selling out tonight. Because a lose tonight puts them at 1-3, and credibly out of the playoffs. So, buckle up your chinstraps men, this is not going to be an easy game.

Offline whiterook87

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2019, 11:13:38 AM »

Packers D will need to minimize Carson Wentz from extending plays tonite, also watch out for TE Zach Ertz, he has good hands and he is one of Wentz's favorite targets when going down field.
You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Offline whiterook87

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2019, 12:06:08 PM »

Ian Rapoport per social media:

#Packers pass-rusher Za'Darius Smith, a key part of that impressive unit with three sacks thus far, is expected to play tonight vs. the #Eagles, source said. He was listed as questionable and was limited this week.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 12:07:57 PM by whiterook87 »
You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Online craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2019, 02:45:03 PM »
Philly isn't a bad team, but they aren't great either, particularly so with their injuries. 

I don't know if the Packers are good, or if they've been kinda lucky.  But *IF* the Packers are a high-end team destined to contend, then they ought to be able to win a home game against Philly.

But, I don't know that we really are all that good, so I have no idea how it will go!! 

Ricky, I'm not that totally scared of the "desperate-team, highly-motivated-team" aspect.  It's only the 4th game of the season.  If we're already under-motivated by game 4, it's a problem!  Everybody should be playing as hard and as motivated as they can get at this point in the year!  So, shouldn't really be at a disadvantage motivation-wise. 

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2019, 04:07:36 PM »
The Packers inactives are: defensive lineman Montravius Adams, linebacker Oren Burks, cornerback Ka’dar Hollman, wide receiver Jake Kumerow, offensive lineman Cole Madison, offensive lineman Adam Pankey and running back Dexter Williams.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2019, 05:10:36 PM »
Ricky, I'm not that totally scared of the "desperate-team, highly-motivated-team" aspect.  It's only the 4th game of the season.  If we're already under-motivated by game 4, it's a problem!  Everybody should be playing as hard and as motivated as they can get at this point in the year!  So, shouldn't really be at a disadvantage motivation-wise.

craig, my greatest fear is that the Eagles will do two things: successfully get after Rodgers, and prevent them from getting a lead for the defense to protect, especially an early strong offensive showing. Second, that Philly will be in "grind it out, move the chains, eat up the clock, keep the defense on the field and the offense on the sidelines" mode. Hopefully, this is all for nothing and the Packers offense will be more explosive. But I have a nagging feeling that this is going to be a tougher game to win than anyone expects.

Offline Pack Man

• Starter
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2019, 05:22:58 PM »
I be a think'n this is made for the Packers...

And See if Rodgers draw's an excited Eagles off sides.
and our defense step's up aginst the run!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 06:27:27 PM by Pack Man »

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
......Vince Lombardi

Offline MrJuly4th

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2019, 05:35:13 PM »

Barnett should be tossed from the game. 

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2019, 05:37:25 PM »
City of Brotherly Love? Team of cheapshot artists and thugs, so far. Two defensive plays (one ST's), two shots to the helmet. Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence. Three times? Enemy action. And Peterson should be held responsible for his players inability to control themselves. But wait, isn't Schwartz (thug coach) their DC? No wonder.

Offline Pack Man

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2019, 05:41:25 PM »
Ok I think they awoken thee (((BEAST)))  >:D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 05:42:14 PM by Pack Man »

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
......Vince Lombardi

Offline Pack Man

• Starter
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2019, 05:51:26 PM »
Lowery is steping it up against the Run!
didn't he get payed this year... thumbsup)

......Vince Lombardi