November 12, 2019, 03:40:33 AM

Author Topic: Is Adams out this week?  (Read 989 times)

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
Is Adams out this week?
« on: October 01, 2019, 01:10:17 PM »
There is a news story out that he will not play this week.

I hope that its not true.  Off of our running game last week, and with no number one WR, Dallas will really tee off on AR.

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
Re: Is Adams out this week?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 03:15:33 PM »
There is a news story out that he will not play this week.

I hope that its not true.  Off of our running game last week, and with no number one WR, Dallas will really tee off on AR.

Id be surprised if he played.  Turf t oe requires rest.  It lingers, de depending on its seriousness. Best to rest it and hope it subsides. How long?  Doc will make that call.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 03:32:27 PM by The GM »

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 03:33:58 PM »
He won’t be playing.

Best guess is they will announce it “officially” tomorrow.

Time for TD Jesus to prove himself, or forever be silenced.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see them use 2 & 3 TE sets to force the Pokes to crowd the LOS and open up some passing lanes.

Offline LaSeeno

• All Pro
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 08:17:33 AM »
I suspect he’s going to be out for another 3-6 weeks.

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 07:27:18 PM »
6 weeks seems more like it. I've had a minor one that lasted 4 weeks and one that happened in Aug that still gives me fits.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 08:02:10 AM »
Not a chance he plays this week.  I would hold him out until after the bye.  Let that toe heal and get him healthy as possible for the playoffs.  Really sucks but is what it is.  He won't be 100% again this season.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2019, 08:28:55 AM »
Not a chance he plays this week.  I would hold him out until after the bye.  Let that toe heal and get him healthy as possible for the playoffs.  Really sucks but is what it is.  He won't be 100% again this season.

Agree with this score.

It's 5 games until they have their bye week. Three of those games are home (DET, OAK, CAR), and two are road games (KC and LAC). If GB can hold serve on the home games they will be 7-3 heading into the home stretch of the season. I don't think we could ask for a lot more than that from what we expected before the season started.

This would give Adams nearly 8 weeks, from the time he injured the toe, before he would be seeing game action again. Even if he's not 100%, he will as close to it as he will get for the rest of the 2019 season, and he should be well rested for that final stretch, and (hopefully) a playoff run.

I'm not in favor of trying to trade for a WR from some other team. Always figured the "Gute Rebuild" with MLF as HC was going to be at least a 2 year project.

I'm content to wait for free agency and the draft to find the pieces to turn around the offense like they have turned around the defense.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2019, 11:49:56 AM »
Adams has officially been ruled out of this week's game against Detroit.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/12/packers-rule-out-davante-adams-for-monday-night/
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline LaSeeno

• All Pro
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2019, 11:02:35 AM »
I’m starting to worry Adams won’t be healthy at all this season.

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2019, 11:08:10 AM »

Hard to say, but that turf toe cam linger.  Its best to get it 100% healed, otherwise you end up like Nick Perry.  Play one week, gone 3 weeks, play one week, gone for a month. Gotta let it heal.

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2019, 12:23:54 PM »

...........but Montravius is good to go.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2019, 01:50:44 PM »
Heard today that he says his toe feels a million times better than when he hurt it, but he still has no time table for return.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2019, 06:38:28 PM »

Four weeks and six days after injuring a toe against the Eagles on a Thursday night in late September, Packers receiver Davante Adams has returned to practice.

Adams participated in practice on a limited basis on Wednesday. He had not practiced since suffering turf toe late in a Week Four loss to Philadelphia.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2019, 09:03:02 PM »
No need to to rush him back. Adams is probably more than ready to return psychologically; physically? Why take a risk? The next two games are Chargers and Carolina, then a bye. If the medics and Adams agree on his ability to return in a limited role Sunday, fine. Or next week. But it's not as if the team hasn't found ways to win games without him. It looks like this team is readying itself for a special season. Adams can still be a part of that. Something to help give the team an extra spark. This would help the other receivers also, as more attention would be placed on Adams, giving them more opportunities. Slow and steady usually wins the race, but there is nothing like getting hot at the right time.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2019, 09:26:56 PM »
I'm OK to trust the doctors.  I think they've been playing it safe already, and that's maybe why he didn't play in KC.  I think they all understand the need to protect him. 

Obviously doing some limited might be testing it out, and they might then realize it's a no-go.  But maybe he's pretty much fine by now, and will come out of some practice feeling fine, and is ready to play and win? 

Would love to have him healthy enough to be a full player and to be help win the next game.