October 15, 2019, 10:44:55 PM

Author Topic: Injury updates  (Read 263 times)

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
Injury updates
« on: October 10, 2019, 11:43:43 AM »

Davante Adams still not practicing today.

Jamaal Williams is back practicing.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
Re: Injury updates
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 12:24:43 PM »

Hopefully Adams will be kept sidelined until he has fully healed. So much of his game is on sudden footwork, and having a foot injury would make that difficult, and could cause it to plague him throughout the rest of the (hopefully very long) season. Williams being back at practice is excellent news. Another weapon for the offense is always a good thing. And Williams is not only a very good blocker, but does have a habit of getting those tough yards when needed. Not having him in the Philly game was a likely factor in the non-running game.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 02:29:00 PM »
Thursday Update;

Aaron Rodgers was listed as a limited participant due to a knee issue.

Center Corey Linsley, who suffered a concussion last Sunday, was limited. Defensive lineman Montravius Adams (shoulder), tackle Bryan Bulaga (rest), defensive lineman Kenny Clark (calf), tight end Jimmy Graham (rest), cornerback Kevin King (knee, groin), tight end Marcedes Lewis (hip), safety Will Redmond (shoulder), wide receiver Marquez Valdes-Scantling (hamstring, calf) and cornerback Tramon Williams (back) were also limited.

Cornerback Tony Brown (hamstring), safety Darnell Savage (ankle) and tight end Robert Tonyan (hip) didn’t practice.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline carnival

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 02:39:20 PM »
Wow!!!our fellows are taking a beating... I hope they rest well ,the Lions will be no pushover.. that will be a definite War ...go pack go!!

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 03:56:11 PM »
One player missing, happily, is Crosby. Because he took a bad hit for the second time this season while stopping a kickoff return. Meanwhile, here's an official list of injured players for both teams: https://www.detroitlions.com/team/injury-report/

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 04:14:12 PM »

Hopefully Adams will be kept sidelined until he has fully healed. So much of his game is on sudden footwork, and having a foot injury would make that difficult, and could cause it to plague him throughout the rest of the (hopefully very long) season. Williams being back at practice is excellent news. Another weapon for the offense is always a good thing. And Williams is not only a very good blocker, but does have a habit of getting those tough yards when needed. Not having him in the Philly game was a likely factor in the non-running game.

Apparently, Adams also wants to give the injury time to heal:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/10/davante-adams-says-toe-doesnt-feel-how-i-want-it-to-feel-at-the-moment/