October 15, 2019, 09:34:22 PM

Author Topic: Is Adams out this week?  (Read 535 times)

Online Gregg

• HOF Member
Is Adams out this week?
« on: October 01, 2019, 01:10:17 PM »
There is a news story out that he will not play this week.

I hope that its not true.  Off of our running game last week, and with no number one WR, Dallas will really tee off on AR.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
Re: Is Adams out this week?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 03:15:33 PM »
There is a news story out that he will not play this week.

I hope that its not true.  Off of our running game last week, and with no number one WR, Dallas will really tee off on AR.

Id be surprised if he played.  Turf t oe requires rest.  It lingers, de depending on its seriousness. Best to rest it and hope it subsides. How long?  Doc will make that call.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 03:32:27 PM by The GM »

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 03:33:58 PM »
He won’t be playing.

Best guess is they will announce it “officially” tomorrow.

Time for TD Jesus to prove himself, or forever be silenced.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see them use 2 & 3 TE sets to force the Pokes to crowd the LOS and open up some passing lanes.

Offline LaSeeno

• All Pro
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 08:17:33 AM »
I suspect he’s going to be out for another 3-6 weeks.

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 07:27:18 PM »
6 weeks seems more like it. I've had a minor one that lasted 4 weeks and one that happened in Aug that still gives me fits.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 08:02:10 AM »
Not a chance he plays this week.  I would hold him out until after the bye.  Let that toe heal and get him healthy as possible for the playoffs.  Really sucks but is what it is.  He won't be 100% again this season.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2019, 08:28:55 AM »
Not a chance he plays this week.  I would hold him out until after the bye.  Let that toe heal and get him healthy as possible for the playoffs.  Really sucks but is what it is.  He won't be 100% again this season.

Agree with this score.

It's 5 games until they have their bye week. Three of those games are home (DET, OAK, CAR), and two are road games (KC and LAC). If GB can hold serve on the home games they will be 7-3 heading into the home stretch of the season. I don't think we could ask for a lot more than that from what we expected before the season started.

This would give Adams nearly 8 weeks, from the time he injured the toe, before he would be seeing game action again. Even if he's not 100%, he will as close to it as he will get for the rest of the 2019 season, and he should be well rested for that final stretch, and (hopefully) a playoff run.

I'm not in favor of trying to trade for a WR from some other team. Always figured the "Gute Rebuild" with MLF as HC was going to be at least a 2 year project.

I'm content to wait for free agency and the draft to find the pieces to turn around the offense like they have turned around the defense.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2019, 11:49:56 AM »
Adams has officially been ruled out of this week's game against Detroit.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/12/packers-rule-out-davante-adams-for-monday-night/
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid