October 15, 2019, 09:22:56 PM

Author Topic: Elgton Jenkins  (Read 1030 times)

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
Re: Elgton Jenkins
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2019, 04:04:53 PM »
Also gotta mention Bulaga.  Guy is playing some lights out football.  Handling Mack and shutting out Lawrence among others.  The concern with him is always his health, but he's getting it done against some pretty good pass rushers.

As quoted by Bill Huber (Sports Illustrated)
"After facing Khalil Mack, Danielle Hunter, Von Miller, Brandon Graham, and Demarcus Lawrence, Brian Bulaga has still not given up a sack."

That was a murderers row of talent.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2019, 08:11:54 AM »
Patrick's strength was not at center!  :):):)  Kind of neat that he made two such awful shotgun snaps that were so unintentionally wildly wild that they went to Jones, and Jones turned both into variably decent runs.  Sometimes it helps to be super lucky, and getting away with that level of awfulness in the center snaps was pretty sweet.  Hopefully if Linsley is out for a bit, Patrick won't be quite THAT bad on a consistent basis.  Will be interesting if they do just leave him in that position, or do switch Jenkins over.

Watched a replay of the game on NFL Network. I wanted to see if your theory that Patrick had two "unintentionally wildly wild" shotgun snaps that went to the RB, not Rodgers. Those were intentional. An offshoot of the "wildcat".

I don't believe they were intentional.

“I’m proud of Lucas,” Rodgers said. “He had a couple wayward snaps, but for him to step in like that and play well and be effective was great. I was just telling him how proud I am of him.

Offline carnival

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2019, 02:43:40 PM »
Agree GM

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2019, 04:31:14 PM »
Patrick's strength was not at center!  :):):)  Kind of neat that he made two such awful shotgun snaps that were so unintentionally wildly wild that they went to Jones, and Jones turned both into variably decent runs.  Sometimes it helps to be super lucky, and getting away with that level of awfulness in the center snaps was pretty sweet.  Hopefully if Linsley is out for a bit, Patrick won't be quite THAT bad on a consistent basis.  Will be interesting if they do just leave him in that position, or do switch Jenkins over.

Watched a replay of the game on NFL Network. I wanted to see if your theory that Patrick had two "unintentionally wildly wild" shotgun snaps that went to the RB, not Rodgers. Those were intentional. An offshoot of the "wildcat".

I don't believe they were intentional.

“I’m proud of Lucas,” Rodgers said. “He had a couple wayward snaps, but for him to step in like that and play well and be effective was great. I was just telling him how proud I am of him.

Agreed... I have read a couple of articles to the same effect.

Other than two wayward shotgun snaps that, despite what they looked like, were not supposed to be direct snaps to running back Aaron Jones, Patrick provided the same kind of stability on the line that Rodgers counts on from Linsley.

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2019, 04:34:32 PM »
Agree... I like the early returns for Jenkins, hopefully he continues to improve.

Also agree Bulaga playing excellently.

I went to training camp for GB for first time in 10 years this year when I was back in States, Bulaga was first Packer walking back to lockers (not riding a bike), but walking alongside little girl with her bike and she was carrying his helmet.  I was happy to get a picture of him... he has been a very good Packer for long time and I was happy I got his picture.

Offline BIG LEGEND

• All Pro
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2019, 05:54:53 PM »
I think Jenkins isn't even getting enough credit. He is athletic and plays tough. From watching him and also hearing some of the things he has said, he is good and he knows it - the stage is not to big for this kid. He is playing like a quality first rounder to this point (hope I didn't jinks him). I'll live with some of the penalties, because this guy has dominated on occasion! A fabulous beginning to his career!

Turner has been ok, but if he doesn't take it a step up, I would certainly look for an upgrade. Will he be better on the outside?