November 12, 2019, 03:14:26 AM

Author Topic: Elgton Jenkins  (Read 1960 times)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
Re: Elgton Jenkins
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2019, 08:32:38 AM »
In defining each position, you are correct. FS is a bigger deal than a G.

But, Jenkins is playing at a significantly higher level than Savage (at the moment), which makes him the better pick (at the moment).

Could that change? Yes, or maybe No. We shall see.

When we are arguing which draft choice is better, and both are effective starters, this shows that someone knows what they are doing in the front office. This is definitely a good "problem" to have.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2019, 01:45:03 PM »
I agree that Jenkins is the MVP of this past draft. Savage is a highly valuable addition but not the same level of importance to the success of this team.

A G vs a FS.  I beg to differ.  Jenkins has definitely made an impact on the OL but he's a G.  Savage is the last line of Defense in a pass happy league.  It's a far more important position that he plays.  He is a damn good G tho.

In defining each position, you are correct. FS is a bigger deal than a G.

But, Jenkins is playing at a significantly higher level than Savage (at the moment), which makes him the better pick (at the moment).

Could that change? Yes, or maybe No. We shall see.

I wouldn't say he's playing significantly better. They're both playing very well. In Kansas City they used Savage everywhere and he had a good game. The defense looked a lot different with him out there.

Recent poll on NFL.com I saw had them both in the top 15 for rookies in 2019 as of week 8 and prior to his injury Savage was number 2 or 3. You look back at their college profiles and it's clear they would excel in the right situation. Jenkins has an All-Pro to his left and a Pro Bowler to his right. Savage has one of the most reliable Safeties next to him and 2 very talented CBs that make life difficult for WRs and QBs. I'm actually more surprised Savage hasn't gotten his hands on more balls when you consider the pressure they've been generating.

Offline BIG LEGEND

• All Pro
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2019, 05:07:04 PM »
Jenkins is hands down the Packers best rookie!