November 12, 2019, 02:16:15 AM

Author Topic: Jalen Ramsey=Mike McKenzie  (Read 338 times)

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
Jalen Ramsey=Mike McKenzie
« on: October 13, 2019, 11:46:28 PM »
Its really surprising to me that the Jags have not traded Ramsey yet.

Is it not pretty obvious that he does not wish to play for them?  I mean how many weeks can you have a back problem that is undiagnosed?

Why not trade him before the deadline to a team that needs a Pro Bowl CB like Philly or the Niners?  I sure would.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: Jalen Ramsey=Mike McKenzie
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 04:55:08 PM »
Former Jaguars’ CB Jalen Ramsey is being traded to the LA Rams for two first-round picks in 2020 and 2021, and a fourth-round pick in 2021.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 05:32:54 PM »
Former Jaguars’ CB Jalen Ramsey is being traded to the LA Rams for two first-round picks in 2020 and 2021, and a fourth-round pick in 2021.

Ramsey's contract lapses after next year, and will make $13.7 million for his services next season. He's also going to want a lot more to re-sign. Perhaps they already have an extension worked out with his agent that is acceptable to Ramsey, which might alleviate his cap hit. This would of course be illegal and unethical, so I'm sure that the NFL would be likely to look into any shenanigans  hysterical.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 05:56:07 PM »
Rams going for it in their window.  They also traded Marcus Peters today.  They have mortgaged their future.  Im not sure I make that trade with Gurleys health issues. Overall,  I think Gurleys health is vital to this trade working and the Rams window for success. Ramsey will help them, but they need Gurley healthy. They arent the same without him at the top of his game.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 06:01:06 PM by The GM »

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 09:57:09 PM »
Rams going for it in their window.  They also traded Marcus Peters today.  They have mortgaged their future.  Im not sure I make that trade with Gurleys health issues. Overall,  I think Gurleys health is vital to this trade working and the Rams window for success. Ramsey will help them, but they need Gurley healthy. They arent the same without him at the top of his game.

This team is throwing a lot of money at a lot of "talent" and hoping for good results. They made the SB last year and were embarrassed by NE. So, I don't quite see the "window" that you see. Gurley seems to be on the verge of early retirement due to incurable knee issues; Goff is overrated, and the rest of the league has caught up with how to beat them. Then again, they are supposed to be moving into a new stadium next year. This move reeks of desperation, rather than either a short term "window" plan or a longer term strategy. The Rams effectively forced themselves to committing a big chunk of change on Ramsey, because letting him walk after less than two seasons after spending that much to get him would make them look even dumber. And that means Ramsey effectively can ask for the moon, and the Rams will have to find a way to give it to him: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/15/rams-acquire-jalen-ramsey-without-a-new-deal/
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 10:08:24 PM by ricky »
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2019, 10:47:28 PM »
They really gave up a lot to get him.

Between that and the money they are going to spend paying him, about 17 million over two years, they either have to win, or sign him.

I agree that Gurley and his health are a real problem.  I also agree that Goff does not look like to five QB he was supposed to be.

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 06:54:18 AM »

This team is throwing a lot of money at a lot of "talent" and hoping for good results. They made the SB last year and were embarrassed by NE. So, I don't quite see the "window" that you see. Gurley seems to be on the verge of early retirement due to incurable knee issues; Goff is overrated, and the rest of the league has caught up with how to beat them. Then again, they are supposed to be moving into a new stadium next year. This move reeks of desperation, rather than either a short term "window" plan or a longer term strategy. The Rams effectively forced themselves to committing a big chunk of change on Ramsey, because letting him walk after less than two seasons after spending that much to get him would make them look even dumber. And that means Ramsey effectively can ask for the moon, and the Rams will have to find a way to give it to him: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/15/rams-acquire-jalen-ramsey-without-a-new-deal/

The Rams window is short.  They paid Gurley, Goff, Donald top dollar, and now Ramsey will want top dollar with his contract coming up.  You cant afford all these guys, so until they do something with their cap (likely Gurley goes), thats their window.  They paid too much for Ramsey IMO, but they cant pay them all unless the next CBA increases the cap.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 06:56:13 AM by The GM »