November 19, 2019, 08:26:04 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Raiders v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 1203 times)

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Raiders v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2019, 02:11:35 PM »
D. Train on one side, the Professor conducting a how-to class on the other side. Best game I've seen since .............I can't remember when.

Sure there were several coverage errors if you want to be picky, but I loved all of it.

The defense was a siv and you claim that's the best game you've seen?

That's a bit of a stretch. A goal line stand, the forced fumble, and the INT by King were by no means gimme plays. Did they give up yards? Yea. But they also kept points off the the board with great red zone defense. It might not be the dominating performance that makes the stat sheet look great, but it is the sort of defense that wins games.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 02:12:15 PM by claymaker »

Online ricky

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Raiders v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2019, 02:53:47 PM »
D. Train on one side, the Professor conducting a how-to class on the other side. Best game I've seen since .............I can't remember when.

Sure there were several coverage errors if you want to be picky, but I loved all of it.

The defense was a siv and you claim that's the best game you've seen?

That's a bit of a stretch. A goal line stand, the forced fumble, and the INT by King were by no means gimme plays. Did they give up yards? Yea. But they also kept points off the the board with great red zone defense. It might not be the dominating performance that makes the stat sheet look great, but it is the sort of defense that wins games.

This team is interesting in that they find ways to win. No, the defense wasn't very good today, but the offense picked up the slack and when the defense gave them the ball on turnovers, they jammed those opportunities down the Raiders' throats. There was not let up by the offense until Rodgers was pulled, when the game was out of hand. To be clear, the defense isn't always going to be great; the offense isn't always going to be great. But this is a TEAM; they complement each other. Defense having an off day? The offense explodes. Offense have a problem? Defense is there to prevent the other team from scoring. The exception was the Philly game, when the entire team seemed to be out of sync/out of sorts. Right now, the "work in progress" offense seems to be tuning up for a serious run. And what is really impressive is that there is no reliance on one person. Bears offense held to one score. Against Dallas, Jones has a career day. Against the Lions, Williams has a career day. Today, Rodgers had one of many career days. Now it's time to get the defense to play more consistently. Because if both sides hit their respective peaks at the right time, this could be the year we've been waiting for. Yes... the Packers might finally make the playoffs again!  ;)

One last thought: Can we put away the supposed tension/drama between MLF and AR? Seems they're doing fine. And that MLF, and, by extension, AR are willing to 'ride the hot hand' on offense. Just win, baby.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 02:57:18 PM by ricky »
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid