November 12, 2019, 03:41:35 AM

Author Topic: josh jackson  (Read 1978 times)

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Re: josh jackson
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2019, 06:57:02 PM »
Just what mistakes has Gute shown a willingness to admit? TT got rid of 2nd round pick Jerel Worthy after 2 seasons. Brian Brohm also a 2nd round pick was on the roster his rookie season, signed to the PS for his 2nd year and was gone by mid season that year. Or is it that TT didn't get rid of players that fans had false expectations for, but yet were contributors to the team? Two years after the guy who was largely responsible for a decade of success and you are still taking false cheapshots at him. That is classless crap!

I respect your right to defend the former GM, RT.
Like any GM he had his strengths and weaknesses.

I'm just exercising my right to have an opinion about what I perceived was a weakness of his.

If you consider my opinion as a false cheap shot and classless crap, you are entirely entitled to that opinion.

Carry on.

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2019, 09:19:50 PM »
Thompson's time in Green Bay is viewed by many as a tale of two cities.  He built a Super Bowl winner his first few years, then sat on his hands in FA as the lack of quality depth rotted his team in later years.  There are valid points no matter which side you look at.  He was a big part of the Packers success, and a big part of their failures in later years.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 09:21:52 PM by The GM »

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2019, 06:14:54 AM »
Well said GM, but I would also add that he built Green Bay into a contender for many years. Yes they only won one SB, but look at their playoff appearances.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2019, 07:38:07 AM »
Thompson's time in Green Bay is viewed by many as a tale of two cities.  He built a Super Bowl winner his first few years, then sat on his hands in FA as the lack of quality depth rotted his team in later years.  There are valid points no matter which side you look at.  He was a big part of the Packers success, and a big part of their failures in later years.

The job wore him down physically until he had that episode that effectively made him unable to run the team. This is not meant as a judgment or a condemnation; it happened. He had a stroke or something else debilitating, and simply didn't have the energy to handle the stress and long hours required to be effective. Add in the loss of key personnel in the front office, and, apparently, an inability to delegate authority, and you have a team in decline. Also, let's not forget that MM became a stale coach, who also had the bad luck to have his star QB hurt for long periods of time with no adequate backup plan. And by the way, does anyone think AR and MLF are still in conflict? And what about Mark Murphy having too much power? So far, so good. Then again, winning makes everything easier and more comfortable.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2019, 03:05:56 AM »
Just what mistakes has Gute shown a willingness to admit? TT got rid of 2nd round pick Jerel Worthy after 2 seasons. Brian Brohm also a 2nd round pick was on the roster his rookie season, signed to the PS for his 2nd year and was gone by mid season that year. Or is it that TT didn't get rid of players that fans had false expectations for, but yet were contributors to the team? Two years after the guy who was largely responsible for a decade of success and you are still taking false cheapshots at him. That is classless crap!

I respect your right to defend the former GM, RT.
Like any GM he had his strengths and weaknesses.

I'm just exercising my right to have an opinion about what I perceived was a weakness of his.

If you consider my opinion as a false cheap shot and classless crap, you are entirely entitled to that opinion.

Carry on.

TT made an insane amount of gaffs after his first few drafts. The team really lucked into his one SB and that kind of performance by a team with so many injuries is rare. He wouldn't delve into FA which held this team back, and he was a very proud individual who outsmarted himself a lot. I'll take my shots all I want. I am allowed to. That's life.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2019, 07:23:25 AM »
Back on topic, I am rooting for Josh Jackson to play well and have a long career as a packer, but it looks like he has an uphill battle. Like some others, I am a bit perplexed, because Iowa players are pretty dependable and he looked alright early in his rookie year. Not sure what is the issue with him.

Offline ThatGuy284

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2019, 08:35:04 AM »

Yeah!  It's not like Mark Murphy is being talked about in this thread -- a man totally worthy of false cheapshots and classless crap!

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2019, 10:07:23 AM »

Yeah!  It's not like Mark Murphy is being talked about in this thread -- a man totally worthy of false cheapshots and classless crap!

Aww, you are soo cute when you keep stalking me. But comparing Murphy and Thompson only make you look like a fool. Try again.

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2019, 11:39:49 AM »
ThatGuy284 has pegged you RT..............guess there is more than one stalker, eh ?
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2019, 08:09:35 AM »
ThatGuy284 has pegged you RT..............guess there is more than one stalker, eh ?

Interesting to see that I'm living rent free in your head, but don't feel bad because you are not alone on here.

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2019, 01:02:33 PM »

Interesting to see that I'm living rent free in your head, but don't feel bad because you are not alone on here.

Indeed I'm not the only one disagreeing on your take on Murphy, but neither you or I are a one-issue poster. We both have viewpoints on many other things and I find myself agreeing with your take on most of the subjects you post on, just not that one.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline TAYLORBOY

• All Pro
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2019, 07:44:40 AM »
Jackson only played/started one yr at Iowa....had  a monster yr and went into the draft as a Jr.

I think he is being groomed as the replacement to T Williams as a slot corner.....

Offline Fargofootball

• Starter
  • Please get familiar with our Forums Rules & Guidelines.
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2019, 04:49:09 PM »
Jackson only played/started one yr at Iowa....had  a monster yr and went into the draft as a Jr.

I think he is being groomed as the replacement to T Williams as a slot corner.....

Sanity at last

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2019, 05:53:43 PM »
Jackson will have another camp to reestablish himself into the good graces of the team. If he doesn't, they'll hope to find a trade partner, or else he'll be gone. And, unless he blossoms like Hayward, he'll soon be forgotten. As always, the draft is a crap shoot, and sometimes first rounders fail, while UDFA's blossom.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2019, 05:23:21 PM »
Pettine was asked about Josh Jackson today.  Said his injuries have allowed more time for Redmond and Sullivan to get more PT and do well.  Said slot corner will probably be the best place for him