November 12, 2019, 02:57:52 AM

Author Topic: Trade deadline...Tuesday Oct. 29  (Read 1980 times)

Online packlaw

• Starter
Trade deadline...Tuesday Oct. 29
« on: October 22, 2019, 01:57:15 PM »
The Pats and SF just improved their wide receiver core by trades.  Is there any area where you think a trade would help us?  I would like to get a d lineman to plug up and provide a push in the middle. Any news on D. Savage's injury and when he may be back...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 08:29:04 AM by LMG »

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
Re: Trade deadline...next Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 02:11:39 PM »
I think the NFL would like the trade deadline to become a big speculation event like it is in baseball.  At this point, the prices paid for Ramsey, Sanu and Sanders are a little steep IMO.  I dont see them overpaying for anything, but I didnt think they'd go off during the FA signing period like they did either.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 02:40:02 PM by The GM »

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 06:25:26 PM »
Savage got hurt on October 6th-with a high ankle sprain- those can take 6 weeks to heal according to a piece on JSOnline.  He is no longer in a walking boot.

Greene is in a boot and is getting around on one of those scooters-  He could be back early December.

Offline GBRoCk2

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 07:00:18 AM »
Maybe the route to take isn't a trade, but instead free agency...

I'm not sure how he has played since coming back from cancer, but Eric Berry is a free agent and I would imagine could help at safety.

Also, many of us have talked about Zach Brown, pretty sure he is still a free agent and could help stop the run.

In terms of possible trades, Hooper or Howard could make sense if we want an upgrade at tight end, although I'm not totally down on Graham, and I would like to see what the rookie Sternberger can provide.

Or perhaps a team like the Bengals or Dolphins can offer up a DT or S for a pick?

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 01:38:22 PM »
Savage got hurt on October 6th-with a high ankle sprain- those can take 6 weeks to heal according to a piece on JSOnline.  He is no longer in a walking boot.

Greene is in a boot and is getting around on one of those scooters-  He could be back early December.

So, 3 games, then bye week, then 11/24 kicks off the last 6 weeks of games.  If Savage could be back and healthy after the bye week, that would be not too bad.  I wouldn't rush it. 

Online packlaw

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2019, 05:07:30 PM »
Packer report lists Darnell Savage a full participant...good news, a formal report on Thursday

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2019, 05:13:50 PM »
Packer report lists Darnell Savage a full participant...good news, a formal report on Thursday

Wow.  Didn't expect that.

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2019, 05:40:23 PM »

Gotta like that.  We'll see how much it affects his range/mobility going forward. 

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2019, 06:41:42 PM »

So, 3 games, then bye week, then 11/24 kicks off the last 6 weeks of games.  If Savage could be back and healthy after the bye week, that would be not too bad.  I wouldn't rush it.

Yah that's the info I had too.  Guess we have been played.  Not that I mind really glad to have Savage back based on report of high ankle sprain and boot didn't think we would see him until after the bye at the earliest. 

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2019, 07:00:17 PM »
Looks like Davante will be a game time decision as well.

Would be good news if he came back too, but I hope both these players aren't rushing their returns and risking more extensive damage in the process.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2019, 07:09:08 PM »

Would be good news if he came back too, but I hope both these players aren't rushing their returns and risking more extensive damage in the process.

MLF stated that Adams would not be rushed back, and that Adams had an incredible pain tolerance and really wants to play. So, will they listen to Adams, or to the medical staff? But I'm definitely with danno on this one- give them time to heal. The team will need them fully healthy when crunch time comes.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2019, 07:12:52 PM »

Yes.  Rushing back, playing crippled, and staying crippled for the rest of the year doesn't really help the team or anybody. 

But man, if Savage is really fine and good to go already, and if Adams is maybe only a week away if that, that's really happy news. 

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2019, 09:11:19 AM »

MLF stated that Adams would not be rushed back, and that Adams had an incredible pain tolerance and really wants to play. So, will they listen to Adams, or to the medical staff? But I'm definitely with danno on this one- give them time to heal. The team will need them fully healthy when crunch time comes.

My money is on the medical staff with input from Adams.  Better a game late than a game too early.

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2019, 05:04:22 PM »
Thinking is Leonard Williams could be had for a 3rd.   I might consider that.   Pair him with Clark and the Smiths outside.  Just nasty.  Issue is the dollars.  Put us tight up on the cap.  If he leaves as a FA we would still probably get back a 4th comp. 

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2019, 05:39:04 PM »
Thinking is Leonard Williams could be had for a 3rd.   I might consider that.   Pair him with Clark and the Smiths outside.  Just nasty.  Issue is the dollars.  Put us tight up on the cap.  If he leaves as a FA we would still probably get back a 4th comp.

A brief search found at least two teams (Chiefs, Raiders) showing interest. The Packers could throw in an offer, but hopefully not get into a bidding war. 
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid