November 19, 2019, 09:09:19 PM

Author Topic: Packers vs Vikings schedules. Who has the advantage ?  (Read 408 times)

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
Packers vs Vikings schedules. Who has the advantage ?
« on: October 28, 2019, 01:09:43 PM »
I posted this elsewhere but it is interesting for the rest of the season, so I'll put it here as well.

Because the Vikes are just a game behind us I thought I'd look at their schedule to see who they had played and who they still have to play.

Played Falcons (won), Packers (lost), Raiders (won), Bears (lost), Giants (won) Eagles (won), Lions (won), Redskins (won). The only win that impressed me, was the one over the Eagles.

Yet to play: Chiefs (away), Cowboys (away), Broncos (home), [BYE WEEK], Seahawks (away), Lions (home), Chargers (away), Packers (home), Bears (home). The next few games for the Vikes may determine their season, it's the tough part of their schedule with away games against the Chiefs, Cowboys, Seahawks, Chargers, in the next 6 games. They have a nice 2x home games to end the season, but it's a tough road for them.

The rest of the Packers season is Chargers (away), Panthers (home), [BYE WEEK], 49ers (away), Giants (away), Redskins (home), Bears (home), Vikes (away), Lions (away).

So the Vikings got the Falcons (an easy win, Falcons are poor this year) and the Seahawks (should be a tough game), while the Packers got the 49ers (who ATM are probably better than the Seahawks) and the Panthers (who are tougher than the Falcons). Packers bye week is one week earlier than the Vikes, no big deal either way.

The difference between the two schedules for me, is that the Packers have had many of their toughest matches already and are 7-1, while the Vikes have several tough away games to come, are a game behind the Packers, and are down in the head-to-head, meaning week 15 at home vs the Pack is pretty much a must-win for them.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
Re: Packers vs Vikings schedules. Who has the advantage ?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 02:17:59 PM »
one week at a time.

It's chargers week.

None of the rest of that matters yet.
“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.” -- John F. Kennedy.

Online craig

• HOF Member
Re: Packers vs Vikings schedules. Who has the advantage ?
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 04:07:05 PM »
Two pathways: 
1.  We beat Vikings there. That would give us 2 game lead plus tiebreaker.  *IF* that happened, we'd really have a strong advantage.  But, that is unlikely....

2.  Much more likely is to assume they'll beat us.  That would put us on very even ground. 

I'd sure like to see us pull out a win in LA, and somehow have KC beat the Vikings.