November 19, 2019, 08:34:18 PM

Author Topic: roster moves  (Read 281 times)

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
roster moves
« on: October 28, 2019, 06:30:56 PM »
Much attention has been on potential trade speculation but I think there could be other roster moves this week.

Campbell and Sternberger have up tp 3 weeks to practice them and then the team has to make a decision on their future this season.  If I am correct, and I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, the Packers can activate them  this week

Sternberger taking the place of Bayliss is a no brainer.  While he may never be activated he needs as much practice as he can since he will be counted on to play a big role next year.

Campbell can contribute as well- sending Shepard to the practice squad will open up a spot for him

Online ricky

• HOF Member
Re: roster moves
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 06:57:46 PM »
Shepard has not shown much ability as a kick returner, having made two major errors in consecutive weeks. How much is situational awareness, how much is inexperience, and how much is coaching. Because the ST's are simply not very good- which goes back to not hiring the Packers first choice because he wanted a lot of money. But this is penny wise, pound foolish IMO. And yes, this is something that has stuck in my craw for a while. So, back to Shepard. Unless he can show some ability to crack the lineup as a WR, he might make the PS, but he'd have to really impress at next year's TC to stay on the team.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online craig

• HOF Member
Re: roster moves
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 07:50:50 PM »
Thanks, manci, good reminder. 
Not sure if Campbell is any good, but I think a good decision-maker in the mix might help? 
Like you say, hard to imagine Steinberger actually helping this year, but sometimes weird things happen? 
Tonyan is more likely to come back and get some snaps, though; enough to maybe get a target every game or two?   Either way, might be fun if they do end up completing an occasional pass to TE.