November 19, 2019, 08:08:59 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v Chargers Game Day Thread  (Read 765 times)

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Chargers Game Day Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2019, 02:33:21 PM »
Lol I'll say it, Martinez is an absolute liability in coverage.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2019, 02:34:17 PM »
Wow, Alexander with a golden opportunity and just botched it.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2019, 02:42:57 PM »
Looking flat.  MLF needs to open a can at halftime.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2019, 02:43:39 PM »
Told you it was a "gimme" game! Overconfident, under prepared, traveling to the coast (Packers);  the Chargers being sick and tired of losing close games and getting totally disrespected by everyone. Still, though the team has looked really, really bad on both sides of the ball, halftime, statistically buried, Rodgers reverting to holding onto the ball too long, the defense giving up too much until the Chargers get in the red zone. This reminds me of how the Cowboys played the first half against the Packers. They were pathetic, but made it a real game in the second half. After how badly the entire team has been this half, down 9-0 almost seems like a win. Makes some adjustments in blocking, get Rodgers to throw shorter, quicker passes in a rhythm, and this could be a game of two halves, one dominated by the Chargers, the other by the Packers. Never give up.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline BIG LEGEND

• All Pro
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2019, 02:46:06 PM »
This was an absolutely pathetic performance in every facet -

Does anyone actually believe this is a really good football team? I know this game isn't over and they are 7-1, but how good are they really?

My belief is they are a product of today's NFL where a few breaks go your way, a big play here and there and your 7-1 when you  just as easily could be 3-5after

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2019, 02:52:06 PM »
Anyone else concerned that Rashan Gary has been absolutely a ghost through 8 and half weeks? Saw him in a few times to rush and just tried to bull rush. Getting handled by that tackle.

Offline BIG LEGEND

• All Pro
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2019, 03:00:42 PM »
I've noticed that about Gary, he has one move in his arsenal

Offline BIG LEGEND

• All Pro
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2019, 03:01:35 PM »
This defensive line isn't good

Offline MrJuly4th

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2019, 03:04:03 PM »
On offense ... need 7 or 5 or 8 on third down?  Throw it deep and go for the home run. 

Honestly, the defense has held the Chargers to 12 points.   It is time for the offense to
show up. 

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2019, 03:04:25 PM »

Does anyone actually believe this is a really good football team? I know this game isn't over and they are 7-1, but how good are they really?

My belief is they are a product of today's NFL where a few breaks go your way, a big play here and there and your 7-1 when you  just as easily could be 3-5after

True of every team every year. The Pats lose two SB's on incredible plays that go against them. Win at least two on equally incredible plays that go for them. It's how the game works.

As far as Gary is concerned, he has about half a season of professional experience. Can he play at least a full year or two before we declare him a bust, a good player, or a difference maker?
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2019, 03:07:00 PM »

True of every team every year. The Pats lose two SB's on incredible plays that go against them. Win at least two on equally incredible plays that go for them. It's how the game works.

As far as Gary is concerned, he has about half a season of professional experience. Can he play at least a full year or two before we declare him a bust, a good player, or a difference maker?

Who declares him a bust? Or made a judgement? Mentioned it was concerning. We finally had a top tier pick position and grabbed a guy with a lot of question Mark's. And a top 15 pick you would expect a little of something by now.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2019, 03:11:41 PM »
Did they pay the whole team off today?

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2019, 03:11:56 PM »
This game is pretty much over.

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2019, 03:13:23 PM »
Well if you are going to lose lose big right?  Packers getting their butts handed to them.  This is one of the worst game I have ever seen.  Completely pathetic.  They refuse to wake up.  Game over.  Ridiculous.  Are we going to set an all time record for the fewest yards ever gained in a game by a Packers offense?  Tired of the bend but don't break too.  Need to scrap that crap.

Offline MrJuly4th

• HOF Member
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2019, 03:14:11 PM »
If I was playing the Packers, I would exploit Martinez on every pass play.