November 12, 2019, 02:41:17 AM

Author Topic: Zadarlus Smith  (Read 1128 times)

Offline whiterook87

• Starter
Zadarlus Smith
« on: November 01, 2019, 02:50:11 PM »
You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
Re: Zadarlus Smith
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 03:20:59 PM »
Cop should have just let him go.  What kind of Packer fan is he?   Very minor he might miss a game or two if the NFL decides to punish him.  Weed is practically legal now anyway.  Think they were talking about changing there stance on it at the last meeting. 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 03:21:42 PM by scoremore »

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 04:36:33 PM »
Rules 1-5: If you're holding while driving, drive the speed limit and obey all traffic laws like your life depended upon it.

Rules 5-10: Don't do ANY of this if you get pulled over https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6Hkc9VGiXQ... it's an aussie comedy show with explicit language funny stuff.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 04:59:43 PM »
Cop should have just let him go.  What kind of Packer fan is he?   Very minor he might miss a game or two if the NFL decides to punish him.  Weed is practically legal now anyway.  Think they were talking about changing there stance on it at the last meeting.

Ah, the "Don't you know who I am?" defense. Apparently the officer did a complete search of the car, since the stuff was found in the trunk.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-green-bay-packers-zadarius-smith-cited-ticketed-marijuana-possession-speeding-freeway-223705325.html

Now as to how the NFL might react, here is an excerpt from an article on the subject:

For recreational drugs, the penalties are set up in stages. Anyone with a positive test (pre or postdraft) enters the program. Failure to comply with the program's zero-tolerance policy carries a penalty dependent on which step of the program the player is in.

In Stage 1, the fine is three-seventeenths of an amount specified in the player's contract. That percentage escalates to four-seventeenths in the next step. These also go along with suspensions. In Stage 3, the penalty is banishment from the league for one calendar year.

So, apparently a fine will probably be levied, but no suspension for a first offense. But expect Smith to face much stricter testing going forward.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Premontre1969

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 05:20:33 PM »
If there was a question of driving impaired, that would be one thing. If not, the cop was either a Bears fan or a dick.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 07:11:27 PM »
If there was a question of driving impaired, that would be one thing. If not, the cop was either a Bears fan or a dick.

He was going 81 mph in a construction zone with a speed limit of 60. And the cop was "a dick"? Nope. He was enforcing the law. If he were being tagged for going 65, that's one thing. But clocked at 21 mph over? That's serious speeding. Especially in a construction zone.

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2019, 07:12:16 PM »
Could have been he got busted in Racine.  Right near the border.  Lived there for 13 years.  Word of advice don't speed from the border to Ryan Rd.  Used to run that gauntlet every day get clocked at least 3 times heading to work.  Bad place to speed Z didn't have a chance.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2019, 07:42:36 PM »
RT thinks that Police Officer is a dick.

RT thinks the Police Officers in Wisconsin should be hero-worshipping Packers fan Police Officers.

RT thinks that Police Officer should of ignored the speeding and drugs, took him home and feed him and offered his wife and children to be sodomized by hero football player.

RT thinks that Police Officer probably didn't even offer to orally cleanse the penis of the hero football player.

RT thinks he will write the Governor of Wisconsin and ask him to pass a law that laws do not apply to Packer hero football players.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2019, 08:25:55 PM »

RT thinks the Police Officers in Wisconsin should be hero-worshipping Packers fan Police Officers.

RT thinks that Police Officer should of ignored the speeding and drugs, took him home and feed him and offered his wife and children to be sodomized by hero football player.

RT thinks that Police Officer probably didn't even offer to orally cleanse the penis of the hero football player.

RT thinks he will write the Governor of Wisconsin and ask him to pass a law that laws do not apply to Packer hero football players.

This is the second recent post that relies on extreme sarcasm to try to get a point across. Why? You seem to have a strong ability to analyze things in a logical manner. This just seems like it's a lot less than you are capable of doing. Why the change? I might have not always agreed with you, but I did respect your passion and ability to put forward capable arguments. You are better than this. 

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2019, 08:47:46 PM »

He was going 81 mph in a construction zone with a speed limit of 60. And the cop was "a dick"? Nope. He was enforcing the law. If he were being tagged for going 65, that's one thing. But clocked at 21 mph over? That's serious speeding. Especially in a construction zone.

Spot on, cop just doing his job. 

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2019, 08:51:21 PM »
Cop looked at Smith and said "You're Busted", then looked at Rashan Gary and said "You're just a bust".  JUST KIDDING

Offline LaSeeno

• All Pro
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2019, 09:54:01 PM »
Oh no a joint! 

81 in a 60... why let him search the trunk?  These charges will be dropped.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2019, 10:37:59 PM »
Oh no a joint! 

81 in a 60... why let him search the trunk?  These charges will be dropped.

Have you read the previously linked article? There was a strong smell of marijuana in the car. This gave the officer probable cause. Here is an update on the situation, with more details, including penalties and possible NFL reactions to the situation:

https://www.wbay.com/content/news/Packers-ZaDarius-Smith-faces-marijuana-citation-564245681.html

If this was Shepherd, for example, I get the feeling there wouldn't be so much angst, and an attitude of 'nothing to see here; move along.' He was irresponsible to be driving so fast in a construction zone. And as far as smoking weed, fine with me. Just don't drive afterward. Or speed. Especially in a construction zone. And not in an area which is apparently a known speed trap (scoremore's post on this was absolutely correct; kudos to him).

Also, a correction about the incident. Apparently the weed was found in the back of a SUV, not the trunk of a car. Does that make a difference legally? No clue. Just clarifying the facts.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/01/report-zadarius-smith-ticketed-for-marijuana-possession/

« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 10:41:49 PM by ricky »

Offline LaSeeno

• All Pro
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2019, 03:24:10 AM »
I think being found in the back is even better for Z legally.  Once a lawyer touches this there is no way these charges stick.  No jury would convict him of this when there were two people in the back where the joint was found.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2019, 05:54:15 AM »
I think being found in the back is even better for Z legally.  Once a lawyer touches this there is no way these charges stick.  No jury would convict him of this when there were two people in the back where the joint was found.

First, please re-read the linked articles. He is facing fines, not jail time. Is he seriously going to take this to a jury to keep from paying a total of  approximately $575 in fines for these offenses? Sure, he might "beat the rap" for the dope. But the question is really what action the NFL will take. Will he miss one or two games for this? Will it be this year or next year? These are the important questions for the fans. At least it sounds like he wasn't driving impaired, which is good. But he was still reckless due to his excessive speed. And, by the way, the question of the number of people in the car is less important than Smith claiming the dope was his, and his alone. He protected two younger and much poorer teammates.