November 19, 2019, 09:03:04 PM

Author Topic: Lessons Learned - LAC  (Read 840 times)

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
Re: Lessons Learned - LAC
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2019, 07:13:18 PM »
We learned that against another banged up team that is scrappy, we got manhandled. I am probably alone, but I am really disappointed we didnt make a move before the deadline. Either a DL, ILB, or WR would have been an addition at an area of need. Sanu and Sanders mad immediate impacts with new teams. We really need another guy who has solid ability and doesnt need 3-4 years to develop. We also need someone who can cover RBs and TEs, because our LBs and Safeties havent been doing a good job this far. There is no mid-season draft, but we had options. The coming weeks will really tell us what this team can do. Carolina has one guy, McCaffrey, if they cant game plan to stop him, better kiss the season goodbye. The vikings are getting more in sync, the Lions will be vengeful, the saints and Niners are on rolls, Seahawks are sneaking into contender status. That would be one hell of a playoff gauntlet for us to face without some noticeable improvement. We shall see how we react. But it's going to be a rough go.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2019, 07:57:00 PM »
I think you'll see a much different team against Carolina.  After the bye, SF is going to punch them in the mouth.  I hope they respond because its coming.

Offline ChicagoPackerFan

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2019, 07:26:43 AM »
I think you'll see a much different team against Carolina.  After the bye, SF is going to punch them in the mouth.  I hope they respond because its coming.

Yeah they are going to be either not ready to play like against the Chargers, or all in with the game plan and ready to kick ass.

Very hard to tell with this team. They can look unstoppable or like complete crap, sometimes both in one game.

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2019, 11:42:52 AM »
The bend but don't break is just the worst right along with the prevent defense.  Hopefully Pettine learned his lesson.  It's been painful watching the Defense the last several games.  For god sakes get after them don't just sit back and get shredded.  Don't want to see the crap ever again.  The offense had a few miscues but rarely had the ball.  Mistakes all around and hopefully it was bad enough of a loss to wake the Packers up.  We are incredibly fortunate to be 7-2.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2019, 06:01:36 PM »
Apparently the Packers learned that heading out to a larger, more cosmopolitan city earlier than usual is a bad idea. So, back to basics, and leave on Saturday for the Sunday night game. Good idea. Apparently, MLF has a quick learning curve, and the ability to ask for input.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/18/packers-change-west-coast-travel-plans-for-this-week/
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid