November 28, 2020, 08:01:21 PM

Author Topic: First mock draft  (Read 310 times)

Offline bmaafi

• All Pro
First mock draft
« on: January 11, 2020, 03:56:40 PM »
Kenneth Murray, LB
Brandon Aiyuk, WR
Hakeem Adeniji, OT
Albert Okwuegbunam, TE
Kellen Mond, QB
Saahdiq Charles, OT/OG
Patrick Taylor Jr.,  RB
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 03:57:17 PM by bmaafi »

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
Re: First mock draft
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 04:13:27 PM »
On board with the first two players (though I like the idea of QB Fromm in the 2nd). On the Fanspeak generator I've picked both Murray and Aiyuk, though Murray is gone most of the time, often just one pick before GB. I like Okwuegbunam in the 4th as well..................some had him as a 1st rounder earlier in the year (but most have him further down now). I like the idea of a RB later (I'd probably get one in the 5th, good value for RBs around there.

I'm wondering if your draft means you have retained Bulaga and Martinez - a RT and a ILB are less crucial picks if you kept them both on (cost, approx $20m pa for them both).

My ideal 1st round pick is a good 3-4 DL, but there aren't many good ones this year. I doubt Javon Kinlaw lasts to the Packers first round pick, but Justin Madubuike and James Lynch are possible targets.......they look like a small reach at this time but by the time the draft rolls around, who knows ?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 04:24:08 PM by OneTwoSixFive »
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 08:03:39 PM »
There are going to be several good TE's available in FA this year. The Packers could very well use some of their newly found cap space to get a proven commodity, rather than draft a TE. JMO
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline bmaafi

• All Pro
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 08:04:49 PM »
Keeping bulaga and letting Martinez go. They will probably sign a FA ILB.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 09:50:39 PM »
Keeping bulaga and letting Martinez go. They will probably sign a FA ILB.

I think they will sign and FA ILB and TE. If they dont get an ILB via FA I think they move up and grab Murray. However, I think the  draft will be invested in one top tier WR, good OL prospects and some DL early on. After the first three rounds I think they dabble in athleticism and take a corner, wr, rb, and another lb. Speed kills, and we need more of it.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."