August 21, 2018, 12:42:09 AM

Author Topic: Holmgrem  (Read 1721 times)

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
Holmgrem
« on: October 23, 2012, 06:46:39 PM »
He said he would be interested in coaching again tho you have to wonder if his heart would really be into it.

And  Coaching is a young man's gig it seems to me- not sure if I see a team hiring him.

I could see it if he agreed to right a ship and groom someone to take his place.  And it would have to be a team that has some talent not a total rebuilding job like Jax.  Detroit, off the top of my head, has some talent that won't go anywhere with Schwartz as coach. They would benefit from having a coach like Holmgrem

Offline Yuletide

• HOF Member
Re: Holmgrem
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 07:22:26 PM »
He said he would be interested in coaching again tho you have to wonder if his heart would really be into it.

Yeah. You'd have to really wonder about that.

Wouldn't touch the dude with a 10' pole personally.  Without Montana and Favre I do wonder whether he'd be a blip in history like countless other coach wannabes.  Like most successful coaches in this business, he was very fortunate in who he happened to be surrounded with.
It's what it's.

Offline GBP4EVER

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 08:01:56 PM »
Holmgren should be smart take all the money he has made go home enjoy life with his wife, kids, and grandkids.

Offline Terranimal

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 08:54:13 PM »

Yeah. You'd have to really wonder about that.

Wouldn't touch the dude with a 10' pole personally.  Without Montana and Favre I do wonder whether he'd be a blip in history like countless other coach wannabes.  Like most successful coaches in this business, he was very fortunate in who he happened to be surrounded with.

He would have been great with Rodgers also. Would have to think at this stage, he would be a stopgap HC...there for a few years and then hand the reins over.....but it's more than a HC, he also has to have a great staff too. That is where McCarthy excels is he has a pretty good staff, except for maybe O-Line coach......