November 23, 2020, 11:54:44 AM

Author Topic: 1st Mock  (Read 640 times)

Offline SET4YRS

• All Pro
1st Mock
« on: March 21, 2020, 02:53:59 PM »
 Expect Gutey to make a few more roster moves, here are some of the players I think could help us.

1) Trade down
 2) WR Jalen Reagor- TCU
 2) ILB Willie Gay Jr- Mississippi St
 3) RB Zack Moss- Utah
 4) T/G Robert Hunt- Louisiana/Lafayette
 4) T/G Tyre Phillips- Mississippi St
 5) TE Dalton Keene- Virginia Tech
 6) CB Kindle Vildor- Georgia Southern
 6) WR Kendrick Rodgers- Texas A&M
 6) TE Devin Asiasi- UCLA
 7) QB Brian Lewerke- Michigan St
 7) TE/FB Charlie Woerner- Georgia

Online ricky

• HOF Member
Re: 1st Mock
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 05:56:14 PM »
THREE TE's? No.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline bmaafi

• All Pro
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 07:06:45 PM »
I think it's ok. Asiasi probably wouldn't make the roster, end up on the ps. I question if he would even make the roster in year 2. He's Richard Rodgers 2.0. For a 6th round pick that's ok. You are just taking BPA at that point in the draft. I like the double dip at wr.

Offline SET4YRS

• All Pro
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 07:15:33 PM »
THREE TE's? No.

Three swings of the bat with late round picks at a position of need in the future? Perfectly logical to me, and probably many others. Where's your mock oh great draft guru?

Offline SET4YRS

• All Pro
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 07:23:53 PM »
I think it's ok. Asiasi probably wouldn't make the roster, end up on the ps. I question if he would even make the roster in year 2. He's Richard Rodgers 2.0. For a 6th round pick that's ok. You are just taking BPA at that point in the draft. I like the double dip at wr.

Thanks, wonder if we will be getting expanded roster size with the new 17 game vote. Gutey will make some more roster moves,won't be enough room on the roster for all these picks, would be good insurance and competition. Some would end up on the practice squad, unless the roster size does get expanded of course. Made a bunch of mocks, this was the one I wanted to post for now. Looking 2 years down the line on this mock.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 07:45:45 AM »
Thanks, wonder if we will be getting expanded roster size with the new 17 game vote.

The short answer to your question is "Yes".

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2020/3/3/21163561/nfl-cba-proposal-includes-bigger-rosters-practice-squad-options-per-report

Love your first five players picked!

Nice draft overall.

If available, I'd take QB Morgan over Lewerke…………….but that's just me.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 08:54:40 AM »
The active roster remains at 53 for the coming season, the changes happen in 2021.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2020, 09:07:14 AM »
Correct.

Thanks for the clarification RT.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2020, 10:22:01 AM »
In defense of (IMO) overdrafting at TE, we have one poster who says that Asiati in the 6th is OK because he'd be PS one year then cut the next. So, knowingly wasting even a late round is OK? Why not try for a guy who might be able to at a minimum might be a ST's contributor? Say, a DB or LBer that might also surprise and become a viable backup? And as far as drafting a lot of guys for a future perceived area of need, why not go more heavily into another area, rather than three at the same position? Especially when you have a guy whose future is still ahead of him?

What I did like was the double dip at T. The team really needs someone to step up and replace Bulaga with someone better than Wagner. I'd also switch the rounds for the drafting of the RB, going with another position, especially defense, in the third and adding a RB in the sixth. And, no, I never styled myself as a "great draft guru." And it is rare for me to even comment on the players chosen. What interests me is the position being addressed, and the current and future need, depth and ST's ability. If a guy doesn't check any of those boxes, then why draft them? And if you really want to project a future need, here is a list of the best college kickers. Note that some of them are still sophomores, so we could keep an eye on them, as they would likely not enter the draft for another two years- right about the time when Crosby probably will need to be replaced.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/fantasy/news/college-fantasy-rankings-2019-kicker-ncaa-football-best-players-cheat-sheet-k-tiers-stats/1gmqon5g0u31y1g4jdr8409dj3

Offline SET4YRS

• All Pro
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2020, 04:12:58 PM »
Thanks, wonder if we will be getting expanded roster size with the new 17 game vote.

The short answer to your question is "Yes".

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2020/3/3/21163561/nfl-cba-proposal-includes-bigger-rosters-practice-squad-options-per-report

Love your first five players picked!

Nice draft overall.

If available, I'd take QB Morgan over Lewerke…………….but that's just me.

Thanks Danno, glad someone can see what I see in this mock. Thought I would be the first guy to take the heat for taking WG-Jr in the 2nd, haven't seen anything anywhere where he ranked that high yet. Morgan has some hype, doubt he lasts that long, liked his prospect primer. Want to give you props, your FA crystal ball has been spot on over the last couple years, very impressive. Also, haven't seen many mocks from you, they paying you not to make mocks?  hysterical

Offline SET4YRS

• All Pro
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2020, 04:15:40 PM »
The active roster remains at 53 for the coming season, the changes happen in 2021.

Thanks RT, too bad it wasn't negotiated to start the roster additions this year. An extra year jump on that, having more experienced players, would have been a good thing for league quality and safety.

Offline SET4YRS

• All Pro
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2020, 04:48:22 PM »
    In defense of (IMO) overdrafting at TE, we have one poster who says that Asiati in the 6th is OK because he'd be PS one year then cut the next. So, knowingly wasting even a late round is OK? Why not try for a guy who might be able to at a minimum might be a ST's contributor? Say, a DB or LBer that might also surprise and become a viable backup? And as far as drafting a lot of guys for a future perceived area of need, why not go more heavily into another area, rather than three at the same position? Especially when you have a guy whose future is still ahead of him?

What I did like was the double dip at T. The team really needs someone to step up and replace Bulaga with someone better than Wagner. I'd also switch the rounds for the drafting of the RB, going with another position, especially defense, in the third and adding a RB in the sixth. And, no, I never styled myself as a "great draft guru." And it is rare for me to even comment on the players chosen. What interests me is the position being addressed, and the current and future need, depth and ST's ability. If a guy doesn't check any of those boxes, then why draft them? And if you really want to project a future need, here is a list of the best college kickers. Note that some of them are still sophomores, so we could keep an eye on them, as they would likely not enter the draft for another two years- right about the time when Crosby probably will need to be replaced.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/fantasy/news/college-fantasy-rankings-2019-kicker-ncaa-football-best-players-cheat-sheet-k-tiers-stats/1gmqon5g0u31y1g4jdr8409dj3

Well, it's kinda rude to just jump in a thread and say what you said. If you looked at the projected roster spots up for grabs and went to something as simple as combine tracker and read quick profiles you would see why I drafted what I did. In reality, like I said, there will probably be a couple more additions to the roster, and surely if Gutey sees players in the later rounds he really likes he will trade up. There are some sweet spots where the position talent could really come into play, like RB in the 3rd, OL in the 4th. Players that will be too good to pass up and be the right choice for the future. Sure, Woerner is probably an UDFA, could be a better choice there, but doubtful the last pick would beat out some of the players they have been grooming on the practice squad, some on which were draft picks. And if a round 6 pick ends up being Richard Rodgers and our TE 3-4, that's gold.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
    « Reply #12 on: March 22, 2020, 04:55:00 PM »
    Well, it's kinda rude to just jump in a thread and say what you said. If you looked at the projected roster spots up for grabs and went to something as simple as combine tracker and read quick profiles you would see why I drafted what I did. In reality, like I said, there will probably be a couple more additions to the roster, and surely if Gutey sees players in the later rounds he really likes he will trade up. There are some sweet spots where the position talent could really come into play, like RB in the 3rd, OL in the 4th. Players that will be too good to pass up and be the right choice for the future. Sure, Woerner is probably an UDFA, could be a better choice there, but doubtful the last pick would beat out some of the players they have been grooming on the practice squad, some on which were draft picks. And if a round 6 pick ends up being Richard Rodgers and our TE 3-4, that's gold.

Didn't mean to be rude. It just seemed to be an overdrafting at one position, where at most, it'd usually be one TE on the field, and sometimes two. And as I wrote earlier, I never offer a mock draft, and rarely comment on individuals, just positions that are drafted. No offense meant.

Offline SET4YRS

• All Pro
    « Reply #13 on: March 22, 2020, 05:17:21 PM »

Didn't mean to be rude. It just seemed to be an overdrafting at one position, where at most, it'd usually be one TE on the field, and sometimes two. And as I wrote earlier, I never offer a mock draft, and rarely comment on individuals, just positions that are drafted. No offense meant.

It's OK Ricky, just trying to wrap my brain around different scenarios. Excited to get a good group of players from the draft to feed off the energy this new team has.