November 28, 2020, 08:47:59 PM

Author Topic: WTX 5 Round Mock 3.0...  (Read 381 times)

Offline WTX_Cheese

• All Pro
WTX 5 Round Mock 3.0...
« on: March 31, 2020, 01:09:16 PM »
Here's this weeks' mock! A few changes from the previous one.

Rd. 1 - Denzel Mims (WR - Baylor) - Again, I feel like him "falling into our laps" would be fantastic and he'd have a good chance at being the next great Packers WR.

Rd. 2 - Cesar Ruiz (IOL - Michigan) - Not a "sexy" pick, but he could easily back up the three IOL spots and then replace Linsley next year.

Rd. 3 - Davon Hamilton (DL - Ohio State) - An excellent run defender to plug next to Clark.

Rd. 4 - Troy Dye (LB - Oregon) - While his athleticism is superb, he just always seems to be a click slow in reacting. If the coaching staff can eliminate that half second delay, he'd be a monster LB. (May not quite last this long)

Rd. 5 - Jonathan Garvin (EDGE - Miami) - EDGE prospect with better tools than Fackrell.

All in all, this is a less "sexy" draft, but I think it gives us a lot more "bigger, better, faster" guys to work with.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
Re: WTX 5 Round Mock 3.0...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 01:38:01 PM »

Rd. 1 - Denzel Mims (WR - Baylor) - Again, I feel like him "falling into our laps" would be fantastic and he'd have a good chance at being the next great Packers WR.

Rd. 2 - Cesar Ruiz (IOL - Michigan) - Not a "sexy" pick, but he could easily back up the three IOL spots and then replace Linsley next year.

Rd. 3 - Davon Hamilton (DL - Ohio State) - An excellent run defender to plug next to Clark.

Rd. 4 - Troy Dye (LB - Oregon) - While his athleticism is superb, he just always seems to be a click slow in reacting. If the coaching staff can eliminate that half second delay, he'd be a monster LB. (May not quite last this long)

Rd. 5 - Jonathan Garvin (EDGE - Miami) - EDGE prospect with better tools than Fackrell.

All in all, this is a less "sexy" draft, but I think it gives us a lot more "bigger, better, faster" guys to work with.

I wouldnt take Mims in the first.  He's a Baylor WR, lots of bust WRs from there.  Good straight line speed who needs work getting in and out of cuts.  We already have MVS who brings the same thing.  Mims jumps well, tracks the ball well, and has good speed, but if you're limited to go/fly routes, take a guy who can get open on more routes.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 01:39:59 PM by The GM »

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 01:40:38 PM »

Drafting a backup IOL in the second, with the hope he'd be a replacement center the following year seems to be a luxury pick. At that point, I'd rather have a guy who can replace Wagner either this season or next, at the latest. If Ruiz was a fourth or fifth round pick, fine. But second seems too high.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 01:52:45 PM »
If they drafted Ruiz it would be because they thought he could be the starting RG.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 05:38:44 PM »
If they drafted Ruiz it would be because they thought he could be the starting RG.

In that case, the second round is appropriate. The question being, is he starting RG material? TBD.

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2020/03/16/2020-nfl-draft-cesar-ruiz-scouting-report/

As a comparison, this is a pre-draft analysis of Bulaga:

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010bbulaga.php
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid