November 28, 2020, 07:45:44 PM

Author Topic: WTX Cheese - Mock Draft 4.0...  (Read 349 times)

Offline WTX_Cheese

• All Pro
WTX Cheese - Mock Draft 4.0...
« on: April 08, 2020, 03:11:05 PM »
Here's a new one through FanSpeak.

Round 1 - Brandon Aiyuk - WR - Arizona St. - There was a big run on Receivers and Tackles right before I picked and would've gone with Josh Jones (OT - Houston) but he was picked at #29. Aiyuk would make a great complement to Adams and is explosive with the ball in his hands. He also is a pretty good punt returner.

Round 2 - Robert Hunt - OL - Louisiana - He could easily project to RG or RT and excel in either spot.

Round 3 - Raekwon Davis - DL - Alabama - A massive run stuffer to sit beside Clark.

Round 4 - Matt Hennessy - C - Temple - I just get the feeling that the Packers aren't going to pay Linsley again and Hennessy comps to Linsley.

Round 5 - John Reid - CB - Penn St. - Reid may not have big size (he's the same height as Jaire Alexander) but he has all of the metrics to excel as a Nickel corner.

Admittedly, Aiyuk isn't the ideal first round pick, but I feel like he adds something to the WR room that we don't have: Explosion after the catch. I admit, I like to go a little heavy on the OL/DL side, but I'm projecting Hunt as being a swing tackle this year and taking over on the right side in 2021 and Hennessy would replace Linsley next year too.

I'm a big fan of getting Raekwon Davis playing next to Kenny Clark. That could really help our Run D.

Offline bmaafi

• All Pro
Re: WTX Cheese - Mock Draft 4.0...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 03:45:13 PM »
Good draft. I wouldn't be surprised if GB took 3 offensive linemen. Reid fits their profile. He's actually 1/8 taller than jaire but the good thing about gutey is he's a little flexible with his thresholds unlike Thompson who was more rigid. He also has a very good 3 cone and short shuttle time.