November 28, 2020, 09:14:10 PM

Author Topic: Favre on Politics  (Read 208 times)

Online marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
Favre on Politics
« on: October 30, 2020, 10:45:44 AM »
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 10:47:32 AM by marklawrence »
These are the nine people whose votes will determine our next president. Your vote means nothing.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
Re: Favre on Politics
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 11:08:05 AM »
Boy, I hate it when celebrities with no clue decide to shoot off their mouths about things. These pampered, overpaid, mansion dwelling elites are the bane of existence!
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline iarwain

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 02:16:38 PM »
I have no interest in hearing what celebrities or athletes tell me I should think, but at least Favre did this in the right way.  On his own time, not on the job, and not while people are trying to pay respect to the country, or be entertained watching sports.

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 03:29:45 AM »
I have no interest in hearing what celebrities or athletes tell me I should think, but at least Favre did this in the right way.  On his own time, not on the job, and not while people are trying to pay respect to the country, or be entertained watching sports.

Agreed. I've said on this forum before, you enjoy sports celebrities for what they do on the field.................but if you hold them up as role models for life outside of their sport, you will be disappointed more often than not. Favre's later career could make him the poster boy for illustrating this. As for his political views, who cares ? The only thing that might have surprised me is if he had come out as a Democrat supporter, but even if he had, I wouldn't have cared.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 03:35:05 AM by OneTwoSixFive »
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"