November 28, 2020, 08:11:05 PM

Author Topic: Buccaneers have some dirty defensive line players  (Read 241 times)

Offline Premontre1969

• Starter
Buccaneers have some dirty defensive line players
« on: October 18, 2020, 06:01:28 PM »
  At 12 min and 12 seconds left to go in the 3rd Quarter John Lovett is the lead blocker on a left sweep with Aaron Jones carrying the ball. Lovett went down and Bakhtiari tripped over him. As he was rolling on the ground Buccaneer player no. 92 DL, William Gholston 6’6”” and 281 pounds appeared to purposely fall on him with his knee aimed at Bakhtiari’s midsection. Big force knee directly on left front side of his lower ribcage.
I hope nothing broken.
 Infamous Ndamukong Suh gratuitously pushed Aaron Rodgers down well after he’d released the ball. There should’ve been an ‘unnecessary roughing the passer’ penalty on that play.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
Re: Buccaneers have some dirty defensive line players
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 06:25:04 PM »
  At 12 min and 12 seconds left to go in the 3rd Quarter John Lovett is the lead blocker on a left sweep with Aaron Jones carrying the ball. Lovett went down and Bakhtiari tripped over him. As he was rolling on the ground Buccaneer player no. 92 DL, William Gholston 6’6”” and 281 pounds appeared to purposely fall on him with his knee aimed at Bakhtiari’s midsection. Big force knee directly on left front side of his lower ribcage.
I hope nothing broken.
 Infamous Ndamukong Suh gratuitously pushed Aaron Rodgers down well after he’d released the ball. There should’ve been an ‘unnecessary roughing the passer’ penalty on that play.

Suh was flagged for roughing, but Rodgers was flagged for intentional grounding. Offsetting penalties, replay the down. Yes, they played rough and tough football, and the Packers folded when punched in the mouth. Rodgers got rattled and became inaccurate. Time to nut up or shut up for the Packers.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Premontre1969

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 07:23:37 PM »
You’re right on the offsetting penalties between Suh and Rodgers. But it was a cheap shot by Suh which goes to my point. Look again at the hit on Bakhtiari. From the camera angle of the live game it looks obvious to me. (Not obvious during the other camera angle shown during the Commentators’ review).
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 07:50:21 PM by Premontre1969 »

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 07:49:53 PM »
You’re right on the offsetting penalties between Suh and Rodgers. But it was a cheap shot by Suh which goes to my point. Look again at the hit on Bakhtiari. From the camera angle of the live game it looks obvious to me. Not obvious during the other camera angle shown during the Commentators’ review.

The Bucs were making a point- we're going to hit you hard and often, and if we get penalized, fine; but you're going to get hit hard and often. And it worked. Rodgers lost confidence, was inaccurate and the offense went nowhere without him leading the way. Every other team is going to be watching this and are going to do their best to make Rodgers the goat, rather than the GOAT.

Offline Premontre1969

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 08:04:48 PM »
 No disagreement there. But can you acknowledge that the injury to Bakhtiari looked purposeful?

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2020, 08:34:01 PM »
No disagreement there. But can you acknowledge that the injury to Bakhtiari looked purposeful?
I'd have to re-watch the play a few times to decide. If you have a link to it, I'd be happy to check it out.

Offline Premontre1969

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2020, 08:49:54 PM »
I'd have to re-watch the play a few times to decide. If you have a link to it, I'd be happy to check it out.

No link but it occurred at 12 min and 12 seconds left to go in the 3rd Quarter.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 08:53:48 PM by Premontre1969 »