December 01, 2020, 12:27:04 AM

Author Topic: Any news on Lazard?  (Read 790 times)

Offline Fargofootball

• All Pro
  • Please get familiar with our Forums Rules & Guidelines.
Any news on Lazard?
« on: October 26, 2020, 04:49:38 PM »
Just wondering.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Re: Any news on Lazard?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 08:07:25 PM »
He started rehab work on 10/22.

Some have projected a Week 9 return (2 weeks), but I would caution that's too early.

My guess would be no earlier than Week 10 (3 weeks), maybe Week 11 (4 weeks).

You don't want any medical setbacks on this. Make sure he's ready for the stretch run and playoffs.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 09:26:07 PM »
Lazard wants to come back ASAP. But then again, so did Adams, and he had to wait an extra two weeks (one game and the bye week). The Packers are known to be careful about returning players too early. I'd forgotten that Tonyan had a similar injury last year, and came back too soon. This is the time that MVS and ESB should be making a case for themselves.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2020/10/02/green-bay-packers-cant-count-allen-lazard-returning-anytime-soon/3592094001/
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Fargofootball

• All Pro
  • Please get familiar with our Forums Rules & Guidelines.
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 06:30:01 AM »
Thanks guys

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 10:45:21 AM »
Lazard wants to come back ASAP. But then again, so did Adams, and he had to wait an extra two weeks (one game and the bye week). The Packers are known to be careful about returning players too early. I'd forgotten that Tonyan had a similar injury last year, and came back too soon. This is the time that MVS and ESB should be making a case for themselves.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2020/10/02/green-bay-packers-cant-count-allen-lazard-returning-anytime-soon/3592094001/

Agree,  golden opportunity for the backups to show what they can do.  MVS needs to show up.  I dont think he has confidence in himself. I'm not sure Rodgers helps that at times.   

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2020, 03:16:29 PM »

Agree,  golden opportunity for the backups to show what they can do.  MVS needs to show up.  I dont think he has confidence in himself. I'm not sure Rodgers helps that at times.

Bringing in Seth Roberts doesn't put MVS and ESB in a real positive light.

Packers may be losing patience with these two.

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2020, 03:50:33 PM »
Maybe danno, I'm not sure it isn't just another due diligence move to see if he can bring some depth and temporary upgrade the back end of the roster.

Over his first 2 and half seasons 38 games   
79 rec. 1275 yds. 16.1 Ave. 5 TDs

Last 2 and half seasons 38 games
70 rec. 796 yds. 11.3 Ave. 4 TDs

MVS and ESB are both bigger and faster, Seth Roberts has more experience.

I'd love to be surprised, but Roberts has never been overly impressive to me.   

The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2020, 04:35:43 PM »

Bringing in Seth Roberts doesn't put MVS and ESB in a real positive light.

Packers may be losing patience with these two.

I think you might be over thinking that one danno. Seth Roberts is insurance against another injury and the depth replacement for Robert Brown who the Packers lost to Washington. Roberts reminds me of Ryan Grant who the Packers also signed in the second half of October a year ago as insurance against injury, but never really factored into the Packers season as a WR in the 2019 season. For those that might be thinking that Roberts could help in the return game, don't, he has no return skills.

Offline Donzo

• HOF Member
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2020, 03:41:41 PM »

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2020, 06:35:26 PM »
I think you might be over thinking that one danno.

LOL, RT!

Would be the first time I've done that!!

BTW................Nice to see B posting here again.

Offline whiterook87

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2020, 03:40:08 AM »
Lazard at practice yesterday, looking good.

https://twitter.com/ReinerOlivia/status/1321526061797167105
You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2020, 09:39:23 AM »
So, given the choice, if Lazard is 50/50 for playing the game, do you give him a little more rest, because you don't think he's needed to beat Minnesota? Or do you play him, risking a setback? Remember, they play next Thursday against the 49er's, at their place (again). This is your choice, with the admittedly limited knowledge we have of the situation. I'm leaning toward keeping him inactive, similar to what the team did with Adams, and give him a few extra days to get some extra practices in to get more acclimated to real game situations.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2020, 10:08:32 AM »
So, given the choice, if Lazard is 50/50 for playing the game, do you give him a little more rest, because you don't think he's needed to beat Minnesota? Or do you play him, risking a setback? ...

If he's 50-50 or at risk, I'm not playing him.  Next man up.  Lazard is a really important player for us, and I want him healthy and all-in for playoffs.  Make sure he's right and safe. 

Tangent on this:  With expanded playoffs, 7 of 16 teams are in.  With the Packers getting to feast on the feeble NFC North, and already at 5-1, they're going to have an easy path into the playoffs.

2nd, with Covid and few fans if any at games, I don't think home field is that big of a deal in the playoffs. 
Getting 1st seed and a bye to rest, get healthy, and to avoid injuries, that's very desirable.  But otherwise, within the 2-7 group, I don't think playoffs seeding matters much this year. 

So I don't really think we should be risking guys for playoff seeding.  We're going to get in either way.  Just do everything possible so that you're most valuable players can be as healthy as possible once the 14-team playoffs begin. 

Offline WTX_Cheese

• All Pro
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2020, 01:30:33 PM »
Just a guess, but I'd think @ San Fran (TNF) or vs. Jacksonville at the earliest.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2020, 02:35:12 PM »
So, given the choice, if Lazard is 50/50 for playing the game, do you give him a little more rest, because you don't think he's needed to beat Minnesota? Or do you play him, risking a setback? Remember, they play next Thursday against the 49er's, at their place (again). This is your choice, with the admittedly limited knowledge we have of the situation. I'm leaning toward keeping him inactive, similar to what the team did with Adams, and give him a few extra days to get some extra practices in to get more acclimated to real game situations.

My take would be it's more important to have Aaron Jones back this week than it is to have Lazard.

Holding him out until (at least) the SF game benefits him and the Packers (for the stretch run).

Packers will face tough defenses Weeks 11 thru 17 (Colts, Bears 2X, Titans, ) these three teams have allowed a total of 22 TD passes so far this season thru 7 weeks.

That's just 1 TD/team/week.

I want him healthy for that stretch run