July 16, 2019, 05:28:09 PM

Author Topic: 2-10 Mock  (Read 1920 times)

Offline BucEbadger

• Rookie
2-10 Mock
« on: February 10, 2013, 11:43:46 AM »
Round 1 Jesse Williams DT Alabama

DL has had some issues the last two years and Williams gives them plenty of insurance as he allows Raji to move outside where he seemed to play much better 2 years ago..

Round 2 Chris Faulk OT LSU

If not for a injury his junior year Faulk was looking like a top 10 pick.. LT in college that needs to develop more hes a little soft in middle..

Round 3 DaRick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech

Huge talented wr who could of been a big time player at Tennessee if not for his off field issues that he keeps getting into.. J Jones type talent that's gonna take a few years to develop.

Round 4 Garrett Gilkey OL Chadron State

Raw Prospect that can play LT but will prob move into OG.. Small school prospect that many found out about at the SR bowl..

Round 4 (Comp) LeVeon Bell RB Michigan State

Needing a big back who can hit the hole hard and get that short yardage that the team lacked in 2012 is a must and Bell is that type of back as he reminds me of B Jacobs coming out with his size and speed..

Round 5 Chris Borland MLB Wisconsin

A Violent tackler who goes sideline to sideline some may not like him being 5-10 but hes a true football player..

Round 6 Abry Jones DE Georgia

Had ankle surgery in late Oct but should be ready to go before the combine.. Solid player who makes those around him better and at 6-3 310 he can develop behind Pickett..

Round 7 Brandon Kaufman WR Eastern Washington

Huge target that played against questionable competition but his size 6-4 220 makes up for that as he has deceptive speed and reliable hands to go along with his size..

Offline armchair qb

• All Pro
Re: 2-10 Mock
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 05:54:23 AM »
I don't know that TT has ever taken a guy with as many issues as Rodgers and I don't expect him to start now. 

I am not a fan of Bell.  He runs upright, he doesn't make people miss either.  He is strictly a straight ahead power runner.  To me his game works in college but translates to 2 yards and a cloud of dust in the NFL.  Players like him are a dime a dozen in the NFL. 

I like the first round pick but I'm not a huge fan of Faulk in the second.  I think the Packers need someone who can play the interior positions more than an OT.  But that is just my opinion.

57packer

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 06:27:59 AM »
Interesting group of picks and some solid selections.   Thanks for posting it.

I like the Jesse Williams pick as I agree that maybe Raji needs to play DE on early downs and Williams could be the guy for NT and could certainly figure in as a Pickett replacement down the line.

Mixed feelings about Faulk.  Another injured LT candidate who "could" be ready by training camp, but might not be.  Plus he has some conditioning issues and his sophmore year at LSU was just so-so. We didn't really get to see his junior year because he got hurt so early.  I think people touting him as a future top 10 pick were being a bit premature.  2nd round gamble on a future LT isn't bad though.

Just don't really like Rogers.  Don't like character risks if I can help it, plus, I believe some team will overlook the risks and take him well before our pick in the 3rd.

Like the Gilkey and Bell selections.  Gilkey would be a nice addition to the interior of the line.  I'm not the biggest Bell fan but I like the addition of a big back with some speed.  Combine could be pretty important for him.

Borland is a junior and is not coming out.  Maybe a guy like AJ Klein, or Vince Williams in that spot would be good value.

Jones would likely be a practice squad guy this year which is OK.  Kaufman is an intruiging pick.  I wonder if he actually lasts that long into Rd 7.  I would think flipping he and Jones in terms of rounds might be a safer bet. 

Offline backthepack4ever

• All Pro
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 07:36:37 AM »
I have no interest in Bell, not even in the 6th or 7th round.  i just dont see his game translating to the nfl.  I disagree we need a big, slow back who wont make anyone miss.  those guys dont last in the pros.  we need upgrades at rb but bell doesnt fit that bill.

Im in the minority but i love the Rogers pick and would go after him in the 2nd round.  im not concerned but his charactor as much as some are.  BJ had a hot pee test coming in too.  Rogers in the 3rd would be great value to me.   

Offline BucEbadger

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 04:31:29 PM »
sorry about that guys been so busy at work and pool leagues guess i should of checked on Borland... Being a Badger fan i should of been up to date on that... Rodgers pick is value and we once passed on a guy named moss because of need and checkered history.. Bell reminds me of D Levens with his speed and power which is a huge plus for the packers as they are a cold weather team