March 09, 2021, 02:42:29 AM

Author Topic: Bears offer to Philly for Wentz  (Read 994 times)

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Re: Bears offer to Philly for Wentz
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2021, 12:27:44 PM »
Cost of Wentz to the Colts was a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year, rising to a 1st either if Wentz plays 70% of the snaps and they get into the postseason, or they don't and he plays 75%. Given that he'll be the no.1 QB in Indy, he SHOULD play that many snaps (barring injury of course).

Jalen Hurts becomes the starter in Philly.

Compared to what the Lions got for Stafford, this was a fire sale. Apparently the guys running things in Philly are as clueless as the guys running the Texans into the ground.

Sharks can smell blood in the water, ricky.

Offline Bud

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2021, 04:59:05 PM »
Ok, we'll let time be the judge. I don't think he lasts in Indy more than 3 years.

I'm torn on this because on one hand, I feel as if this could be the right landing spot for him but on the other hand, have the injuries taken a toll on him, physically and mentally, to where we will never truly see him realize whatever potential there was for him?
“Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.” ~ Dan Gable

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2021, 05:53:05 PM »
Ok, we'll let time be the judge. I don't think he lasts in Indy more than 3 years.

So if he doesn't last 3 years that means he is a cancer? OK.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2021, 09:57:03 PM »

A cancer? There were some anonymous people that made some accusations about Wentz. Whether these were actual teammates, or the team itself trying to do some CYA and trying to make it seem like Wentz is not a good leader or teammate. Adam Schefter also has written that allegedly (take a large dose of salt here, IMO) that Wentz and Peterson hadn't spoken in weeks this past season. So, there is some information out there to make Wentz look bad. Personally, I don't buy it. Something happened, but we'll probably never know what really happened. The question is whether Wentz can turn his career around by re-uniting with his former OC, Frank Reich. If this doesn't work, then we'll have more information on which to base our opinions. But a cancer? Too harsh.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2021, 02:59:37 AM »

Ummm, barring a career-ending injury, yes. Like I said he does have talent and you don't dump a talented QB unless there is a very good reason.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2021, 07:29:28 AM »
Wentz had his best year(s) in Philly when Frank Reich was his OC. My understanding was that they had a strong relationship.

So maybe Reich knows how to push the right buttons with Wentz. Only time will tell, and I won't make any predictions.

But I do know a couple things that set Indy apart from Philly over the last couple of years:

Indy's OL is far-far superior to Philly OL. So Wentz won't be running for his life all the time when he drops back to pass.
Indy has better WR's and depth than Philly has had.
Indy has a very good/great running game (again, props to OL), whereas Philly had practically zilch.

Indy is as close to the perfect landing spot, for Wentz, that you could find.
If he doesn't succeed in Indy, then it's all on Wentz.

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2021, 01:00:38 PM »
Indy is as close to the perfect landing spot, for Wentz, that you could find.
If he doesn't succeed in Indy, then it's all on Wentz.

I would agree, the perfect situation for Wentz.

Time will tell if it works out. If it does not I would also assume the end for Wentz as starting QB in the NFL.