November 23, 2020, 11:27:18 AM

Author Topic: 2nd attempt  (Read 2402 times)

Offline armchair qb

• All Pro
2nd attempt
« on: February 25, 2013, 08:22:05 AM »
This includes a trade down out of the first round for a high second.  Buffalo moves up for a qb and gives us 41 and 71. I also think we move up high in the fourth by trading our 5th.

41) Datone Jones DE UCLA 6'4 283#.  Jones played inside and out for UCLA and is very well suited for a 3/4 end.  Strong and can play the run and rush.

55) Christine Michael RB Texas A & M/  5'11 220#.  Many won't like this pick but I put here because I think there is a strong chance it happens.  Miachel can play all 3 downs, has big play ability, and a nose for the endzone.  Unfortunately he's also had trouble with injury.  His performance at the combing jumps him up mainly because I think some ranked ahead of him took a fall.  Can't deny the speed/size combo

71) Kenny Stills WR, Oklahoma. 6'1 195#. Has something we don't have.  Deep speed.  Someone to stretch the D.  Has good experience in a big conference with over 200 receptions in the past 3 years.

88) Kevin Reddick ILB North Carolina 6'1, 244#.  Reddick is a playmaker and a very good blitzing LB. 

4a) Ricky Wagner, OT WIS, 6'6 308#.  Heading into this season he was a projected late first rounder.  Frederick moving to OC did not help him on the OL.  He has trouble with speed rushers but in the 4th round he is someone with enough experience and skill to step in in a pinch.  He will hopefully have time to develop.

4b) Jonathan Cyprien S, Fla Int.  6'0, 217#.  A small school player who flashed at the senior bowl.  He demonstrated ability to tackle and cover.  A welcome addition to GB imo. 

5) Traded

6) Jake Stoneburner TE, Ohio State. 6'4, 245#.  I have been watching him be underutilized for years here in columbus.  I expect him to follow other underutilized TEs that go to the NFL and finally realize their potential.  He's very athletic and under the radar due to OSU not using the TE much under Tressel and less so under douche bag.  Not to mention he had no one throwing to him for the past couple of years.   My sleeper pick.

7) T. J. Barnes NT, Georgia Tech. 6'6 369#.  Massive man with very good athletic measurables.  purely a developmental prospect for the D line.  If nothing else he can occupy defenders. 

Offline backthepack4ever

• All Pro
Re: 2nd attempt
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 01:29:40 PM »
at one time i thought Jones was a tweener and to small to be a 5 tech.  ive warmed up to him.  the kid is strong, he can move, and watching the combine i like how he threw his hands.  he can add 15lbs no problem.  id be very very happy with this pick esp if he is there on a trade back.

i have 2 problems with Michael.  he has been injured and he was in the doghouse and not a fav of his coaches.  saying that he has been linked to the pack

Stills isnt my 1st choice but good value in the 3rd

i dont like Wagner, i dont think we is any better then what we have.  his footwork sucks

some have cyprien all over in mocks.  ive seen him mocked in the 1st round. 

I liked Barnes today.  he didnt kill it but he moved like a 320 pounder and the dudes 369!!!

solid draft overall thanks for posting

Offline cobb18

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 06:23:26 PM »
Jonathan Cyprien should be gone early 2nd or even late 1st  great prospect but to late on your mock

57packer

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 06:35:39 PM »
I like this mock, but there are a couple of picks I wonder about.

I'm good with Jones.  Coming around to the idea of Michael, but man that injury history worries me.

I like the Stills pick and I mocked him myself awhile back.  He's fast and has decent hands.  Needs to mature a bit.  Also pretty happy with the Reddick selection. 

Not seeing the point of the Wagner selection.  I don't see him playing LT in the NFL.  He's a RT at best.  We have Bulaga and Barclay at that position.  I don't see him as being any better than Sherrod or Datko so am not sure he has a spot at OT.  You could maybe convert him to OG, but I'd rather just grab an interior guy in that case.

Cyprien, Stoneburner and Barnes are all solid choices.  Nice mock.  Thanks for posting it.

Offline armchair qb

• All Pro
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 05:17:04 AM »
Agree with some comments.  I think we'd be better served with an OG in place of Wagner.  Haven't seen many updated rankings but the highest I've seen cyprien is the 3rd with the lowest being 5th.  Didn't think the 4th was outlandish.

Offline armchair qb

• All Pro
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 06:53:18 AM »
Now I'm seeing updates of Cyprien in the 1st!  That is quite the jump.  Back to the drawing board.