November 23, 2020, 11:58:22 AM

Author Topic: 66fan4life Mock #1  (Read 4335 times)

Offline 66fan4life

• Rookie
66fan4life Mock #1
« on: February 27, 2013, 08:44:08 PM »
For the sake of my mock the following players are retained:  TE Jermichael Finley, ILB Brad Jones, OLB Eric Walden

The following players are not retained:  WR Greg Jennings and ILB A.J. Hawk

*The Buffalo Bills chose Cordall Patterson, WR, Tennessee with pick #8, passing on drafting a QB.  Looking at the teams drafting between Buffalo #8 and Green Bay #26, few if any teams are in need of a QB.

Green Bay then trades it's 1st round pick (#26) along with their 6th round pick to Buffalo for their 2nd round pick (#41) and 3rd round pick (#71)  Buffalo is still then able to draft Matt Barkley at this spot while also drafting the number 1 WR in the draft.

Packer Draft

Round 2 (#41)  DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
Round 2 (#55)  Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
Round 3 (#71)  Brandon Williams, NT, Missouri Southern State
Round 3 (#88)  Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State
Round 4 (#119)  Christine Michael, RB, Texas A&M
Round 4 (comp)  T.J. McDonald, FS, USC
Round 5 (????)  A.J. Klein, ILB, Iowa State University
Round 7 (????)  Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State University
Round 7 (comp)  Earl Watford, OG, James Madison

Mock 53 Man Roster

QB (2)  Rodgers, Coleman
RB (3)  Harris, Green, Michael
FB (1)  Kuhn
WR (6)  Nelson, Jones, Cobb, Hopkins, Ross, Boykins
TE (5)  Finley, Escobar, Quarless, Crabtree, Williams
LT (2)  Sherrod, Newhouse
LG (1)  Lang
OC (2)  Detrich- Smith, Van Roten
RG (1)  Sitton
RT (3)  Bulaga, Barclay, Datko

LDE (3)  Neal, Pickett, Daniels
NT (2)  Raji, Williams
RDE (2)  Hunt, Wilson
LOLB (2)  Perry, Moses
LILB (2) Bishop, Smith
RILB (3) Manning, Jones, Klein
ROLB (2) Matthews, Walden
LCB (3)  House, Williams, Bush
SS (2) McMillian, Jennings
FS (2)  Burnett, Mcdonald
RCB (2)  Heyward, Shields

K (1)  Crosby
P (1)  Masthay
LS (1)  Goode

Offline armchair qb

• All Pro
Re: 66fan4life Mock #1
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 04:58:45 AM »
Those first 7 picks would be a wet dream.  Nice.

57packer

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 05:42:24 AM »
Have to agree . . . that's a nice group of players.  I'd be pretty happy, especially with the position mix, though I might have some individual preference for different guys.  The scenario makes sense though I do worry that a team like Denver for example might snag Barkley because they know they are on borrowed time at QB.

Hopkins isn't my personal favorite, but I could easily get behind that selection.  I have reservations about Hunt and his age and football instincts, but at that point in Rd 2,  he'd be worth it.

Brandon Williams has been solidly on my radar for awhile now, so am on board.  I like Escobar quite a bit but wonder if he lasts that long.  Maybe his slightly slower time than expected at the combine will let him fall to us.  I'm not overly worried about his speed - it's adequate, though he's more Franks than Finley it would seem.

As talented as Christine Michael is, that is the one pick that gives me the creeps.  With his outstanding workout I suspect he doesn't last this long, but then him oversleeping for interviews might just have dropped him for some teams.  In Rd 4 he'd be a decent risk though I suspect someone takes a flier earlier on all that physical "ability".

McDonald would be solid as would Klein.  I'd forget the kicker, Hopkins, in Rd 7.  They can just bring in a FA or UDFA kicker for competition,  but hey, it's the 7th Rd so this is just nit-picking.  Lastly, Watford is a solid option in Rd 7, though I might have preferred to address interior o-line a little earlier in the draft.

Overall, I'd be pretty happy with this draft.

50PoundHead

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 05:49:47 AM »
Love the picks.  I don't know if Michael last that long, but if you put a guy like Gillislie from Florida in that spot instead, this draft looks good.  Klein seems to be rising as well, but he should be there early third day so some things shuffle around a bit and he could be had as well.  Hope things fall this way.

Offline 66fan4life

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 09:41:45 AM »
If Buffalo were to pass on a QB with the 8th pick, how far do they fall?  The Jets or Cowboys possibly, but I think there would be a slide all of the way to the Broncos and they pick after GB.  Could open the possibility for a trade back for a team like the Packers.

Offline DWhitehurst

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 10:54:27 AM »
Love your mock. Especially WR Hopkins in the 2nd and AJ Klein in the 5th (although I wouldn't be surprised if Klein goes higher than 5th rnd.)  If we could actually secure a run-stuffing DLineman like B.Williams (or Jesse Williams) in the 3rd in any scenario, that alone would be comforting. 

Btw, just to digress...has anyone actually counted the number of prospects with the last name "Williams"? It seems like half of them have that last name. lol

Offline cobb18

• Rookie
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 06:06:14 PM »
best draft ever, you should be on the other draft websites and espn, they have the worst mocks ever, all they care about is if they get the first pick of the draft right, and if they do they cry with joy, dont get any of their other picks right and still go home happy thumbsup) ;D 8) thumbsup) thumbsup)

Offline 66fan4life

• Rookie
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 05:59:26 PM »
Thank you for the compliment.  In the year 2000, I was selected to represent the Packer website for Scout.com to participate in a live, mock draft.  To be chosen, I had to write what I would do if I were the Packer's GM.  The message board members then voted and chose me to be the representative.  A few years ago tiring of the negative banter on the Scout board, I merely suggested that there was a much better site for Packer fans to openly discuss our beloved Packers.  I did not even name Packerchatters.com by name because I did not want some of their trash coming here.  I had 3 people private message me to find out where to go so I told them privately.  The next time I looged onto the Scout site, I was permanently banned from their message boards.  If I try going there today, I am still banned.  I do not post alot, but thoroughly enjoy reading posts and articles from the many longtime members. :)

Offline Pack2SB

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 05:57:38 AM »
Like your picks except I'd keep our #1 and take the best OT tackle available. It's a good draft for OT's and I'm just not sure what we already have is going to be good enough. Other than that, I hope you're right with the rest. Good job.

Offline House

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 08:31:00 AM »
Any thoughts on how our comp pick being a 5th with no 7th rd.  pick , also losing( if you call it thats@!!) Walden and resigning Hawk changes your picks?   I like the picks and the trade with Buffalo.. Like to see us grab a Safety, maybe Rambo late?