October 18, 2019, 12:00:05 AM

Author Topic: Cullen Jenkins, will visit with NY Giants Friday  (Read 1566 times)

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 02:36:34 PM by B »
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
Re: Cullen Jenkins, will visit with NY Giants Friday
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 01:01:18 PM »
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel says free agent Cullen Jenkins has six other suitors in addition to the Giants, who he is visiting on Friday.
None of the unknown six are said to be the Packers. Jenkins is interested in returning to the Packers, but the feeling doesn't appear to be mutual. GM Ted Thompson doesn't like signing players on the wrong side of 30, even though Jenkins would add some needed interior pass rush help.

Oh well....I didn't expect us to sign him anyway.
“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” -V. Lombardi

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 07:37:20 AM »
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel says free agent Cullen Jenkins has six other suitors in addition to the Giants, who he is visiting on Friday.
None of the unknown six are said to be the Packers. Jenkins is interested in returning to the Packers, but the feeling doesn't appear to be mutual. GM Ted Thompson doesn't like signing players on the wrong side of 30, even though Jenkins would add some needed interior pass rush help.

I sure would put more credence in his desire to return to GB if someone was on record (like Cullen himself) as saying so. At this point all I can find is Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel saying he heard from a source that Jenkins “would be interested” in returning to the Packers now that he’s on the open market.

Especially since Cullen seemed a bit bitter with TT when he left for Philly.
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 09:33:06 AM »

I sure would put more credence in his desire to return to GB if someone was on record (like Cullen himself) as saying so. At this point all I can find is Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel saying he heard from a source that Jenkins “would be interested” in returning to the Packers now that he’s on the open market.

Especially since Cullen seemed a bit bitter with TT when he left for Philly.

I would love to see him back but I don't think TT takes him for anything but league min. and I am sure another team will up the anti by a few hundred thousand and Jenkins will take the extra money.
“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” -V. Lombardi

AldenRoche

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 12:30:26 PM »
Jenkins has visited the Giants and now has plans to visit Seattle and SF.

Hmmm, for a guy who some claim had nothing in the tank when TT sent him packing 2 seasons ago, he seems to be drawing interest from teams with pretty stout (dare I say PHYSICAL) D lines.