September 19, 2018, 09:47:14 AM

Author Topic: Glover Quinn  (Read 1891 times)

Offline dabeene1

• Rookie
Glover Quinn
« on: March 05, 2013, 10:37:21 AM »
Glover Quin  is a solid safety, although he may not be a huge difference maker. He has alot of pass defensed over the years, 48 in the last 4 years. compared to Morgan Burnett's PD of 17 over the last 3 (with only 5 last year compared to 14 for Quin)

Other than PDs the two players are remarkably similar... with similar int, and fumbles caused, size and speed.

would it be worth to sign a free agent who isn't a game changer but will remove a weakness.

Although both players are OK against the run neither is known for their physical play.

Offline Lazmax

• Starter
Re: Glover Quinn
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 05:51:53 PM »
I remember when we played the texans where ever Quinn lined up is where the ball went. I'd pass on him

Offline jthiel86

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 02:20:18 AM »
I'd take him over M.D. Jennings anyday.
If you're gonna be dumb, you've gotta be tough.

Offline dabeene1

• Rookie
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 04:25:21 PM »
you put any safety on jordy nelson and thats the guy you throw to.

Offline Lazmax

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 07:18:14 PM »
It wasn't just Jordy that cooked him .. It was whoever was in his area

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 01:22:27 AM »
I wouldn't compare Burnett to Quinn. Quinn is a definite veteran and Burnett is just now getting to that point, and Burnett also had 2 years with Nick Collins at FS and him at SS. Burnett is a pretty good Safety all things considered.

I also think that the wrap on Quinn is fairly misrepresented: He isn't really used as a "cover" Safety. He is more like the last line of defense when the receiver catches the ball. They wanted him to be a sure tackler and a body in space.

I don't want him though. I like Jennings and McMillian enough to pass on him or wait for a better one in the draft.

Offline jthiel86

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 03:43:33 AM »
I wouldn't compare Burnett to Quinn. Quinn is a definite veteran and Burnett is just now getting to that point, and Burnett also had 2 years with Nick Collins at FS and him at SS. Burnett is a pretty good Safety all things considered.

I also think that the wrap on Quinn is fairly misrepresented: He isn't really used as a "cover" Safety. He is more like the last line of defense when the receiver catches the ball. They wanted him to be a sure tackler and a body in space.

I don't want him though. I like Jennings and McMillian enough to pass on him or wait for a better one in the draft.

I will agree here that I like McMillian enough to pass.  However, McMillian may not be ahead of Jennings on the depth chart, and I really don't want to see another safety back there who can't hit.
If you're gonna be dumb, you've gotta be tough.