September 19, 2018, 09:24:26 AM

Author Topic: Last-minute free agent wish list  (Read 1228 times)

Offline philepps85

• All Pro
Last-minute free agent wish list
« on: March 12, 2013, 08:53:43 AM »
Phew. Wasn't sure my old username would get revived in time to post this.

I know, I know, it isn't going to happen. Draft and develop, don't shell out $$$ for free agents. But, if he didn't have looming raises for Rodgers and Matthews hanging over his head, Ted would have the best pool of mid-priced free agents to pick from in recent memory.

These are my two favorites. They're not over-the-hill schlubs who'll fail to make the final cut, and they're not the overpriced marquee names who'll be talked about as busts in a year or two. They just haven't had the opportunity yet, much like Al Harris before he was brought to Green Bay.

1. Desmond Bryant, DL, Raiders. Has succeeded every time he's been on the field, which hasn't been often. Supposedly has a nonstop motor, can play 3-4 and is equally capable vs. run and pass. That's a big need for the Packers, who have a glut of one-dimensional defensive players.

2. James Casey, TE, Texans. Houston tried to shove this square peg into a round hole and make him a 6-foot-3 fullback. He's a tight end. In a handful of games where he played his natural position, he put up games with 126 and 91 yards. Great hands, could be a cheaper alternative to Finley who's just as productive.

Feel free to add your own.

Offline philepps85

• All Pro
Re: Last-minute free agent wish list
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 09:48:49 AM »
Sorry, didn't realize a thread had been started for this.  :-[

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
Re: Last-minute free agent wish list
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 09:52:24 AM »
I think Greene will be too much money, but Bryant, Hillis,and Keller in case Crabtree is taken. Maybe Brinkley if Jones or Hawk leaves.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 09:54:39 AM by Hands »
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!